High temp, is it okay? 3000-620

Options
Krukzah
Krukzah Member Posts: 30 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
Hi, just Got my new Orion 3000-620 with I7-10th and 3070 graphic card. 

When I play WOW on ultra @144 fps and do alot stuff my CPU will go to 85-91 degrees as long im doing alot things ingame. Is this temp okay for nu pc to run while playing games? Im gonna play cyberpunk later, and I imagine it will be same if not even worse when I try that on High graphics. 

Any advice? 

Answers

• Krukzah
    Options
    Krukzah said:
    Hi, just Got my new Orion 3000-620 with I7-10th and 3070 graphic card. 

When I play WOW on ultra @144 fps and do alot stuff my CPU will go to 85-91 degrees as long im doing alot things ingame. Is this temp okay for nu pc to run while playing games? Im gonna play cyberpunk later, and I imagine it will be same if not even worse when I try that on High graphics. 

Any advice? 
    Sorry forgot to mention, I run auto fan in the predator program. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yeah, that's right in the zone for heavy use of the GPU. I believe it goes into throttling at 95 and shutdown at 100.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yeah, that's right in the zone for heavy use of the GPU. I believe it goes into throttling at 95 and shutdown at 100.
    So you are saying its perfectly fine for my CPU tempts to be this High when gaming? Also in a game like wow
  • billsey
    Options
    Yup, the fans are usually in automatic and they speed up when there's more of a load. They try to keep temps in the 85-90 range when everything is running at full speed. When everything is idle you should see numbers more like the early 40s.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    billsey said:
    Yup, the fans are usually in automatic and they speed up when there's more of a load. They try to keep temps in the 85-90 range when everything is running at full speed. When everything is idle you should see numbers more like the early 40s.
    My GPU and System temps are in 35-40 when idle, but CPU is in 60 ish when idle. Seems alot for me
  • billsey
    Options
    Have you made any changes that might affect the airflow over the GPU? The air is supposed to pulled from the back of the chassis through the GPU fans then routed toward the front when the warm air is exhausted. The air from the PSU also goes past that area. Anything blocking the case at the lower back or lower front might impede the smooth movement of air.
  • JannerSy
    JannerSy Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    Which case do you have?  I'm on a 3000 62o and am.pretty shocked to see its only got a single 90mm exhaust fan and supply fan. 

Id like to upgrade the cpu cooler but there is hardly any room for one height wise, id also like to install more exhaust fans as well as im sim racing for over an hour at a time in VR si it gets too hot.  Any idea how many fans the motherboard can have plugged in?  
  • Deconn
    Deconn Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    JannerSy said:
    Which case do you have?  I'm on a 3000 62o and am.pretty shocked to see its only got a single 90mm exhaust fan and supply fan. 

Id like to upgrade the cpu cooler but there is hardly any room for one height wise, id also like to install more exhaust fans as well as im sim racing for over an hour at a time in VR si it gets too hot.  Any idea how many fans the motherboard can have plugged in?  
    Did you have any joy with this? I’ve just got one for my boy and having the same problems. 
  • Krukzah
    Options
    I’m upgrading to 

Noctua NH-D9L tommorow. Using Secufirm2 to mount for CPU cooler 

• Deconn

Tinkerer

Options
    Krukzah please keep us updated with pics if possible. Total noob to pc building, having high temp issues and everyone I’ve spoken to is shocked at the lack of ventilation and fans in the machine. 
  • Deconn

Tinkerer

Options
    Krukzah said:
    I’m upgrading to 

Noctua NH-D9L tommorow. Using Secufirm2 to mount for CPU cooler 

All done? I’m eager to order one😂
  • Krukzah
    Options
    So, all done. My CPU temp is all good now. Still have ussie with stutter/freeze like other user mentioned in new post. But I would not advice this change of CPU cooler. We had to use the old mount with the new one, meaning we had to cut of cornes of the old mount behind the motherboard. So no, do not try this. 
  • Frenzy4
    Frenzy4 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Krukzah said:
    So, all done. My CPU temp is all good now. Still have ussie with stutter/freeze like other user mentioned in new post. But I would not advice this change of CPU cooler. We had to use the old mount with the new one, meaning we had to cut of cornes of the old mount behind the motherboard. So no, do not try this. 
    I don't really understand what you mean by cutting off corners? I have installed the NH-D9L perfectly fine on my predator orion. Installation went smooth with no cutting or modifying needed. Why did you have issues? The old cpu mount just comes off (it does have strong adhesive tape, but it comes off still), then you install the new bracket that comes with the NH-D9L. I think whatever issues you had were unique and not something that is normal at all. You definitely did something wrong and unnecessary.

The NH-D9L is amazing for what it is, I am able to cool a i9-9900k overclocked to 4.8ghz on all cores and keep it under 75c even under stress testing. Mine has an extra fan added (which I highly recommed just ordering an extra noctua fan when anyone orders), as the extra fan dropped temps 10c when added.
  • Krukzah
    Options
    Frenzy4 said:
    Krukzah said:
    I don't really understand what you mean by cutting off corners? I have installed the NH-D9L perfectly fine on my predator orion. Installation went smooth with no cutting or modifying needed. Why did you have issues? The old cpu mount just comes off (it does have strong adhesive tape, but it comes off still), then you install the new bracket that comes with the NH-D9L. I think whatever issues you had were unique and not something that is normal at all. You definitely did something wrong and unnecessary.

The NH-D9L is amazing for what it is, I am able to cool a i9-9900k overclocked to 4.8ghz on all cores and keep it under 75c even under stress testing. Mine has an extra fan added (which I highly recommed just ordering an extra noctua fan when anyone orders), as the extra fan dropped temps 10c when added.
    Sorry hard for me to explain, i have the 2020 version made 1dec2020, and the CPU socket didnt have its on Mount or what you Call it, so we had to place the original mounting bracket with the new from Secufirm2. Which means we had to modify the old one, removing the corners, so they would fit together. Because the screws would not fit otherwise, because the Secufirm2 Mount did not have holes with ‘screw holes???’ In it itself. Hope it makes just a bit sende
  • Frenzy4
    Frenzy4 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Krukzah said:
    Frenzy4 said:
    Krukzah said:

Sorry hard for me to explain, i have the 2020 version made 1dec2020, and the CPU socket didnt have its on Mount or what you Call it, so we had to place the original mounting bracket with the new from Secufirm2. Which means we had to modify the old one, removing the corners, so they would fit together. Because the screws would not fit otherwise, because the Secufirm2 Mount did not have holes with ‘screw holes???’ In it itself. Hope it makes just a bit sende
    Yeah, I don't understand to be honest. The d9l comes with everything you need, the whole bracket and mounting system, there is no need to use the old one at all. If the screws did not fit I think that means you were trying to use the old bracket and didn't bother to remove the motherboard to install the new bracket? My only guess. If you took pictures I could know what you mean. I would still recommend this cooler 100%, there should be no issues.

• Krukzah
    Options
    Yes we removed the motherboard, and ye sorry, It's really hard for me to explain in english mate. Okay so, we removed the screws from the CPU "holder" and took away the cpu chip, because they were screwed into the bracket behind right? Then we removed the old bracket behind which had tape on it. Then we wanted to mount the new secufirm2 mount, but it did NOT have any screw thread in it. So the small CPU screws could not get screwed directly into the bracket behind the motherboard. So in order to be able to use the CPU screws we had to put the old mount onto the new Secufirm2 mount, which needed us to modify and remove corners on the old in order for it to fit. 
  • Krukzah
    Options
    Meaning that we had to remove the clip holding the cpu, because it was screwed directly into the bracket behind. And the secufirm2 mount did NOT have any screw threads. So it would not fit without modifying the old and combining thoose 2 mounts togehter. My friend who works in IT had never seen it before, he was the one doing it. Normally the CPU have it's own small mount, but not here on this motherboard. Acer Predator Orion 3000-620 po3 mfd. 1 dec 2020. 
  • Krukzah
    Options
    Just found this, a guy here who had the same problem as me; https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/627095/orion-upgrade-orion-3000-po3-620#latest and look at the comment lowest down. 
  • Deconn

Tinkerer

Options
    I’ve actually ordered the same one as you, sounds like they have changed the design slightly. Mines a the newest version aswell I think. Hopefully il be ok swapping it over🙈😂