Acer Predator Triton 300 Random Shutdowns

markvilla28
markvilla28 Member Posts: 9 New User
Hi,

Apologies, I feel like I'm constantly pestering the community for help at the moment.

I am getting random shutdowns from my laptop, with no BSOD, just shut down and restart. It has happened 3 times so far. Twice while playing "Slay the Spire" which isn't an intense game, and a third time while refreshing a page on YouTube. There wasn't really any indication that my laptop would be overheating and it's not an intensive task. I looked at the Event Viewer and for all 3 shutdowns I get:

The previous system shutdown at 06:24:21 on ‎23/‎12/‎2020 was unexpected.
Log Name: System
Source: EventLog
Event ID: 6008
Level: Error
User: N/A
OpCode:
Logged: 23/12/2020 06:38:12
Task Category: None
Keywords: Classic
Computer: LAPTOP-

Obviously the time and date is different on each one but everything else is the same.

I'm not really sure what could be causing this? I have previously been undervolting my laptop but I laid off this to see if this would fix it but doesn't seem to make a difference. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated. My laptop is only about 1 month old.

Thanks,
Mark.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Anything else in the other logs at the time of the shutdowns (windows logs are a pain!)
  • markvilla28
    markvilla28 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Leostat said:
    Anything else in the other logs at the time of the shutdowns (windows logs are a pain!)

Thanks for getting back to me.

Truthfully I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for. There are several logs from Kernel-Boot and Kernel-General timestamped from 10 seconds before the system shutdown Event log, but all just information. After the event I have a "critical" as below but I gather this is just in response to the restart:

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly"

Log Name: System
    Source: Kernel-Power
    Event ID: 41
    Level: Critical
    User: SYSTEM
    OpCode: Info
    Logged: 23/12/2020 06:38:05
    Task Category: (63)
    Keywords: (7036874417764),(2)

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,552 Community Administrator
    Hello markvilla28

Thank you for participating in the Acer community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your unit. I recommend  you to contact your local support  for assistance in this case. 

Best regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid