Helios 300, PH317-53-7777, repalcement fan?

Options
jbradley
jbradley Member Posts: 2 New User
Backstory, the laptop starting make a loud grinding sound shortly after start-up, enough to make my kid scared of it. He got it really dirty when he was staying with his mom (crumbs, smudges, etc all over, apparently he was allowed to eat while playing). So I assumed something may have gotten stuck. I used compressed air, nothing changed. I ended up opening the case and hitting it with a vaccum and noticed the one fan had some serious resistance to it. I tried blowing air and sucking, but nothing appears to be inside. The noise happens when the fan tried to come on, but it's not spinning. If I blow on it, or used my hand to spin it, it kicks in and runs fine until it shuts off again. So i'm 99% certain it's just the fan. It's the fan on the RIGHT side of the latop if you're using it normally (not sure if it's CPU or GPU, I'm familiar with PCs not laptops.)

Figure it's out of the 1 year manufacture warranty (by 1 month) and I dont think I really wanna send it back to ASurion to warranty it since they have a track record of sending a whole different product. So I think I'll just replace the fan (I have my a+ for PC even though I never worked in the field, i'm a mechanic by trade) but didn't see a serial or part number on the fan anywhere and didn't want to full dissasemble, so hopefully someone can help me find a replacement fan?

Answers

• jbradley
    jbradley Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Okay, got off the phone with Acer but it didn't help me much because apparently all the images online are one OR the other, like it's not static. 
    23.Q5MN4.001 or 23.Q5MN4.002. The fan is on the same side as the RIGHT SPEAKER, does that mean it's definitly the right cpu fan? Which way do you orientate a laptop? For a car, right side is always passenger for example, doesn't matter where you're at. Do I need the right fan, or the left? It's under the numpad side of the laptop.
  • Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options
    If its on the same side as the right speaker then is the right fan side, but if your not sure why not buying both, they are about $15 ea and then you can returned the one u didn't used if u want to go that route.

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★