High GPU temperature following repair PH315-52

Options
Sley
Sley Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2020 in Predator Laptops

My laptop was sent back for repair which was still under warranty. When I got it back, I noticed the GPU temperature is 30+ degrees higher within seconds than what it used to be underload (while gaming). Since one of the parts replaced was the GPU fan, it makes be believe the thermal paste has not been applied properly or not applied at all. My original warranty expired but I still have the 90-day parts and labor warranty.

Is my issue related to thermal pasting, if not, what else could cause the instant spike in temperature?

Model is PH315-52

Thanks

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Options
    Sley said:

My laptop was sent back for repair which was still under warranty. When I got it back, I noticed the GPU temperature is 30+ degrees higher within seconds than what it used to be underload (while gaming). Since one of the parts replaced was the GPU fan, it makes be believe the thermal paste has not been applied properly or not applied at all. My original warranty expired but I still have the 90-day parts and labor warranty.

Is my issue related to thermal pasting, if not, what else could cause the instant spike in temperature?

Model is PH315-52

Thanks

Hello Sley, i am so sorry to hear this, since the unit was sent back from a repair and as you mentioned the GPU fan was replaced, I wonder if you have called back there service center or call center to report this as soon you got it back or you found this out I should say? because like you mentioned in your thread, you still have that 90-day parts and labor warranty, so you should not hesitate to let the Acer representative know and to have another case opened to get that taking care of asap.

Support link info: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/service-contact
    Contact Technical Support
    Phone: 1-866-695-2237
    Available 24/7 - US and Canada
    Español Disponible

Live Chat: (Available 5AM-2AM CST - US and Canada): Click to Chat

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny