Laptop acer aspire a515-51 n17c4 my laptop supports M2

MisterOK
MisterOK Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Hello, I have a laptop acer aspire a515-51 n17c4  and i want to know my laptop supports M2 for a ssd,and with type of M2. Thanks

{Thread was edited more content )

Answers

• AcedVortoxx
    AcedVortoxx Member Posts: 1 New User
    Requesting assistance:

Having a major problem on this laptop. Actually have been having this issue for years, but it went from occasionally random to almost every boot session. Still have never figured out the cause of this issue, but I have narrowed it down all the way to the sound driver. Reinstalling the driver, updates, etc., never fixed the problem. Reinstalling driver offset the issue for maybe a week or two before it came back again.

The problem that occurs is that the entire system will totally hang and slow to a drastic crawl. Certain functions such as right clicking something and for some navigation through explorer will not be affected, but opening ANY new task including task manager, file properties, or changes to settings such as turning on/off internet connection, to even initiating a shutdown/restart will be delayed by up to ten minutes. I could be waiting 10+ minutes just to close a program or disconnect from internet or restart and the issue does not go away until a shutdown or in often times a forced shutdown. The problem happened randomly in the past and was hard to tie to any event. Recently however, this occurs now every 2-3 boots and requires a forced shut down to reopen everything normally. Running Windows 10.

After weeks of poking around the event viewer, I noticed a weak but certain pattern. Just seconds before this issue does occur, the RAVBg64.exe or its related services crash or stop responding, according to the event viewer logs. Rarely does the RAVBg64.exe leave any crash log or dump file, but today it did leave a 2 MB dump file which I have saved for later. I do not have any program that will let me open or analyze any dump files and cannot find any online that "work" so to say. For this reason I am convinced that the sound driver is to blame for the entire system hanging. Reinstalling this driver or updating it to the newest version (which I have only and always ever done from the Acer website) does not solve the problem. The sound itself doesn't appear to malfunction, even during this system hang (although the sound response itself is also delayed for 10+ minutes when it does happen). From time to time, I will boot to see an "x" on my volume to find that the windows audio service failed to start or isn't working, though restarting the sound service fixes this and during this issue the system hanging may or may not occur. I do not know if that detail is relevant. This is my first time posting in these forums, I do have a dump file I could upload, just don't know where to upload it to. If anyone can help me with this problem to finally have it solved, that would be great. Otherwise, I don't see myself buying another faulty laptop from Acer in the future when it is finally time to get another computer.

• Yeswecan79
    Yeswecan79 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello, I have a n17c4 acer laptop. And it simply was not responding and would take 10-30 mins to start up. Delay with everything responding. Thinking I had virus or some malware infestation. I decided to wipe everything. Shut down did the whole hold alt f8. Proceeded to wipe everything and do complete reinstall. Hours later my laptop is stuck at “resetting this pc 1%”  I can’t get past this point. Any ideas? New hard drive time? Could there be other hardware that’s is faulty? 
This discussion has been closed.