Travelmate P214-52 - Most puzzling!

Options
gaelliott
gaelliott Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2020 in TravelMate and Extensa
Hello all. I hope one of you will read this and laugh saying, "this is so easy to fix". My employer has bought a number of Travelmate P214-52 laptops. I am using one of these to prepare a variety of deployment images. With Secure Boot disabled, I booted up with Acronis 2020 UEFI USB stick and I was able to back up the hard drive to an external USB HDD. However, I can no longer restore that back up to the same laptop. The only drives visible in Acronis are the bootable USB stick and the external USB HDD which holds the deployment image. The laptop's hard drive is no longer there and yet it will still boot up into Windows 10. The exact same thing happened when I reverted to using Macrium Reflect: It backed up and restored first time, but not on subsequent attempts. Most puzzling!

Comments

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    On the main tab of the bios hit ctrl +s, look for an option like sata mode or VMD

VMD should be off, and of you are using a generic image ahci need to be enabled or the Intel rst driver injecting into the build :)

Intel only works on the main tab, and sometimes doesn't register (yay uefi!)