My Acer Swift 5 54T. Is having wifi issue : error Code 10 its Intel wifi 6 AX201 160MHz

Jonathan83
Jonathan83 Member Posts: 2 New User
It's been 3days I have called the helpline they told me a pick will be arrnage yesterday I called again. I have send 2 emails. But no reply very poor service and response from Acer!. PLEASE HELP ME TO SORT THIS ISSUE. I just notice that the Keyboard Backlight is also not working. I tryed  press F8 and FN + F8 nuthing is working. It's a new laptop just 2-3 month old. It's a waste of money. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Bring up Device Manager and look to see if there are any problems reported. If there are, is it the WiFi port, the Bluetooth port or something else?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jonathan83
    Jonathan83 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi Billsey, I have installed the latest driver as well but still this issue is still. I'm not an IT Guy but know a little about this seems may  be a Hardware issue!. If u have any suggestions plz let me know I can try. Thanks 
    sey
  • billsey
    We are really going to want to get Acer service for your locale involved. It look like there may be a hardware issue with the AX201 card, but there are software things that can mimic hardware. Right click on the adapter in Device Manager and choose properties. Select the Driver tab and then choose uninstall drive. Check the box to remove the files and let it continue with the uninstall. When it's done reboot and see if it reinstalls or can't find a driver. If the latter use a different machine to download the driver from Acer's support site and reinstall.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Pramodya
    Pramodya Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I'm having the same issue and nothing works for me. I tried installing the driver again and again. @Jonathan83 Can you pls help me
  • VU3ONE
    VU3ONE Member Posts: 2 New User
    Me too facing same WiFi ax201 issue in my new less than month old Swift 5  SF514-55TA premium laptop. WiFi card show faulty randomly after laptop is restarted or turned on in morning i had to uninstall driver couple of times to get it work again tired of this temporary solution. 
    hey acer team is there any software or driver based solution to this issue?
  • billsey
    We're waiting on Intel for a fix, since it seem to be tied to their newer drivers. Something to do with connections to older routers, I believe.
  • Jolee248
    Jolee248 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I seem to have this problem too.  It comes and goes. Do I need to install something new or is this a hardware problem?

• sameermundekar
    sameermundekar Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Acer swift5 Laptop wireless adaptor not working. — Acer Community
    i'm also facing same. any one contact the Acer support  ? the issue is not hardware the mini port of wifi card not open/weak up while wakeup from close lid/morning start. you can check the event viewers logs for same. 
    wifi card driver got updated on windows update and its working for 1 day but  when i was closed the laptop lid and open in morning issue got started..............
  • cserpentina
    cserpentina Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got same issue from yesterday. I also repeat all the process again and did even Windows initialization. What should I do now?
  • billsey
    What version of the drivers are you running? My AX201 is running 22.60.0.6, which is I believe the latest from Intel.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi cserpentina,

How the other wifi connected devices are working ?
  • FFTAN1973
    FFTAN1973 Member Posts: 5 New User
    hi all... i got the same problem WIFI AX201 160 MHz "This device cannot start (CODE 10)".... need help...   
    will contact Acer Support on Monday...   WIFI always cannot work
  • FFTAN1973
    is hardware failure or software problem?  i try to reinstall the driver and keep telling me best driver already installed in my system :'(
  • billsey
    Do you have any other errors or warnings in Device Manager? Sometimes those types or errors are caused by the internal USB port the WiFi card sits behind. Which driver version is installed? Intel has done many updates over the last few months. Mine is at 22.70.
  • hongpo
    hongpo Member Posts: 7 New User
    edited May 2022

Please help I couldn't make the wifi for 2 months, appreciated your great help 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

• billsey
    I answered you in the other thread.
  • FFTAN1973
    again happened the same problem wifi Ax201 code 10......   i m really frustrated....

need help .. can acer response????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • FFTAN1973
    need help with this acer swift 5 SF514-55TA-79W5 wifi driver always the same error... wifi wont work... error code 10

• billsey
    Do you have the current version of the Intel driver for the card installed? If the driver is current you might have a bad card, but that's really unusual.
  • bingogo
    bingogo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey I have Nitro AN515-55-517V laptop. I bought it a couple of months ago. A while back I had an issue where my Wi-Fi sign was disappeared and I wasn't able to access internet. But at that time I just restarted my lap and all was back to normal. But these issue appeared again and this time I restarted but it didn't work. In my device manager the network adapter (Wi-Fi adapt: intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201, Version:22.40.0.7) was showing a code 10 error. I tried uninstalling the driver and restart but it didn't work. Finally I decided to reset. But even after resetting entirely  the issue was not solved. So I thought it was my hardware issue cuz factory resetting should make everything to normal. But that day night I just switched on my lap then the Wi-Fi was back to normal.(actually this took place at:30/05/2022). Can someone help me figure out what's the issue. (Also my flight mode option wasn't available and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth sign disappeared but ethernet was working fine).