swift5 wireless adaptor not working.when i close laptop lid and check after 4hrs wifi did not work.

Options
sameermundekar
sameermundekar Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello Folk,

I'm facing issue sinces 2-3 days. that wireless card not working. (win-10 with latest all patch up to date)
when i close the laptop lid and check after 4-5hrs (mostly morning) that wifi adaptor not working so i have done below task
1. on device manger i can see wifi card which is showing orange trangule so i have update the driver and restart the laptop but no luck
2. reset laptop network setting but no luck
3.uninstalled wifi card restart the laptop but no luck
3. pining local host(127.1.1.1) that mans not have HW issue its look like some software conflict.
4. Ran network troubleshooter for automatically detect the network problems on your PC and reboot laptop but no luck.
5. also reset the Winsock settings but no luck
6.1 day back i have ran system restore point from last god config. and wifi card able to connect network and its working fine, but when i close the lid at night (laptop goes on sleep mode ) and i was open at today morning i got the same issue that wifi card not working

if any one have solution on same pls let me know

Thanks  

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi sameermundekar,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • sameermundekar

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello Easwar,

thanks for response i have tried but no luck..
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check properties on the wireless device to make sure there aren't power options. It sounds like it's not getting powered back up after sleep.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sameermundekar

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    Options
    billsey,
    pls if you provide more option on same. due to this issue I had to buy USB WIFI dongle, even when I didn't want to.
  • sameermundekar

Tinkerer

Options
    Acer should answer this. all my 1lac wasted ...
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    edited March 2023
    Options
    Hi sameermundekar,

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option 

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. Recovery - 25
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.

• sameermundekar

Tinkerer

Options
    windows reset option i have already done. but no luck..after close the lid problem get start 
  • sameermundekar

Tinkerer

Options

after 2 yers still no soluion from Acer. i froced to buy extrnal usb nic. its really pathethic services from Acer.

i nevar buy any new peoduct from Acer.

• billsey
    Options

You were given several options to try and diagnose the problem two years ago, but didn't respond with the results, from what I see in the thread. What does Device Manager show for your WiFi adapter? You say you see a triangle but don't say what the error code is. What adapter brand and model is installed? It's possible it failed and needs to be replaced, You tell us the laptop is a Swift 5, but not which Swift 5 it is. The full model number is on the same sticker as your serial number and looks like SF5xx-xxx-xxxx. You also need to know that this is a community support board and Acer support doesn't have a presence here. I can only guess that you were out of warranty back in 2021 and that's why you didn't contact Acer about the issue.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sameermundekar

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

acer installed faulty nic card on the laptop. after 3 year i come to know the nic card got faulty that why its not working from very beginning. Now service center has confirmed nic card is faulty and asked me to replace wih new one.
    Big shame on Acer

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited December 2023
    Options

@sameermundekar

Try windows + x

device manager

expand network adapter

Right click on wifi adapter

update driver

chose 2nd option - browse my computer

chose 2nd option - let me pick

It will show you list of drivers ( It might show you 2 or 3 drivers - install one by one and check

chose the first one - next - It will install the driver - click on close

Now try to connect to wifi

It should work fine.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    Options

No shame on Acer for a WLAN card failing in the field. That sort of thing just happens occasionally. That you took so long to respond to our questions so we could point you at the failure diagnosis is in your lap… We still don't know what computer you have, what WiFi card is in it, or any of the other answers to questions we asked.