Is Intel Rapid storage tecnology program necessary?

Options
BobLano
BobLano Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
Just bought Acer Desktop TC-895, SNID, XXXX.   The Intel rapid storage program says it is not updated anymore. Msg says" End Of Life.
Is this not required or needed anymore for this computer?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    BobLano said:
    Just bought Acer Desktop TC-895, SNID, XXXXX.   The Intel rapid storage program says it is not updated anymore. Msg says" End Of Life.

Yes, the Intel IRS has been stopped, use and enable the Win-10 "TRIM" command, its the same and just as good. I've been using that for ages with all my SSD's and they improve performance of all my SSD's by at least 20%. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    edited December 2020 Answer ✓
    Options
    BobLano said:
    Just bought Acer Desktop TC-895, SNID, XXXXX.   The Intel rapid storage program says it is not updated anymore. Msg says" End Of Life.

Yes, the Intel IRS has been stopped, use and enable the Win-10 "TRIM" command, its the same and just as good. I've been using that for ages with all my SSD's and they improve performance of all my SSD's by at least 20%. 
  • BobLano
    BobLano Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    After entering the line
    "fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0"
    the NTFS stated "DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)"
  • StevenGen
    edited December 2020
    Options
    BobLano said:
    After entering the line
    "fsutil behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0"
    the NTFS stated "DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled)"
    Yes, that is a strange way of meaning "Enabled" but its true (see caption below) as that is what I've got also and it works 100%. Download the CrystalDiskMark disk benchmark software to test your SSD speed, do a test before and after TRIM and compare the stats, as with TRIM its allot quicker.

This is what you should have when TRIM is enabled. 
    Explanation: If after executing the fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify command (to check if TRIM is enabled) and you get a result of zero (0), then it means that TRIM is Enabled, and no further action is required. However, if after running the command you see a result of one (1), then it means that TRIM is disabled.