Concern about my monitor Acer Nitro XZ342CK

Options
Ace41
Ace41 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2020 in Monitors
So I have a 

Acer Nitro XZ342CK

And it says I can run up to 144hz. Fortnite just released on ps5 players can run up to 120fps (I play on ps5) any reason why it doesn’t show the option of letting me enable the 120fps?

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options
    Hi @Ace41

Are you trying to connect your monitor with the PS5 to play it on high refresh rates?
  • Ace41
    Options
    Hi Ragsak28, my monitor is connected to my ps5 and I been gaming on it for about a month so far. Fortnite just released a update where now ps5 players can play 120fps but for some reason when I load up that game I don’t see that option, so I’m still on 60fps for some odd reason. I bought the monitor from Amazon and it was displayed as it max would be 144hz. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    Apparently the PS5 does some odd stuff that doesn't work right with a lot of monitors. I've heard they are working on it, but haven't heard an ETA for a fix.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ace41
    Options
    Hi Billsey, 

Oh wow, that sucks! I just hope I got the right monitor because I do love the curve look and mid size screen. Not too many 34inch curve options out there. 
  • billsey
    Options
    I should say it does work with the PS5, it's only in those high refresh rates that you see issues.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ace41
    Options
    so should I wait until Sony come out with a update or what? I seen some reviews on Amazon saying this monitor can get up to 144hz but needs a display port in order to do so? Few people told me I should buy the 2.1 hdmi cable. 
  • billsey
    Options
    I don't think the monitor is rated at HDMI 2.1, I believe it to be 2.0. So a 2.1 cable likely won't help unless the cable you have doesn't meet spec for 2.0.
  • Cyberat
    Cyberat Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited June 2023
    Options

Same problem with XV322QK V 32in. 4K monitor. Advertised Gaming 144hz monitor.

Custom PC using the same HDMI I ran 144hz on a 24in. Spectre, shows 120hz with DP, 60hz with HDMI. What gives ???

Running the same 1K Resolution. (1920x1080)