Acer Aspire 3 won't boot Windows 10 - Aspire A317-51G

Nouyille
Nouyille Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives

Hello, not sure I'm posting at the right place, sorry if it is not the case.

Since this morning, my Acer Aspire A317-51G can't boot Windows 10, there is the "Preparing automatic repair" message with dots circling for a while then black screen... (screen still on but displays nothing)

What I tried:

• turn off/on 3 times so "Advanced boot settings" appears => doesn't do anything

• disable "Secure Boot" but couldn't change Boot Mode to "Legacy" as only "UEFI" is available then

• create boot usb with "MediaCreationTool" and boot the PC on it => no more auto repair message, only dots rolling forever

• create boot usb with win10 .iso files and Rufus exe (tested with MobaLiveCD, seems OK) then boot the PC on it => same as previous

• press Alt+F10 then turn on PC while holding it => "Please wait" appears with spinning dots then black screen

Does anyone have an idea what is going on with my PC and how I can fix it ?

Thanks

Answers

• Nouyille said:

Since this morning, my Acer Aspire A317-51G can't boot Windows 10, there is the "Preparing automatic repair" message with dots circling for a while then black screen... (screen still on but displays nothing)

What I tried:

• turn off/on 3 times so "Advanced boot settings" appears => doesn't do anything

• disable "Secure Boot" but couldn't change Boot Mode to "Legacy" as only "UEFI" is available then

• create boot usb with "MediaCreationTool" and boot the PC on it => no more auto repair message, only dots rolling forever

• create boot usb with win10 .iso files and Rufus exe (tested with MobaLiveCD, seems OK) then boot the PC on it => same as previous

• press Alt+F10 then turn on PC while holding it => "Please wait" appears with spinning dots then black screen

Thanks

First, the “Preparing automatic repair” screen is the screen that a Windows 10 user sees when something goes wrong with their computer and Windows 10 attempts to fix it by itself, let it go for about 1 hour and if it still is in that loop then see this guide: Quick Fix: Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop - EaseUS as there are allot of guides to solve this problem but, be careful as you have to know what you are doing as allot of steps could do more damage than fix your problem. Good luck
  • Nouyille
    Nouyille Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:
    Nouyille said:

What I tried:

Thanks

First, the “Preparing automatic repair” screen is the screen that a Windows 10 user sees when something goes wrong with their computer and Windows 10 attempts to fix it by itself, let it go for about 1 hour and if it still is in that loop then see this guide: Quick Fix: Windows 10 Preparing Automatic Repair Loop - EaseUS as there are allot of guides to solve this problem but, be careful as you have to know what you are doing as allot of steps could do more damage than fix your problem. Good luck
    Hello,
    I let it do go for about 3 hours but still on black screen, and I have also tried almost all the options that are in the link you gave me, except for DVD since I don't have one and can't create one for now.
    The thing is, it is not possible to fulfill most of these steps since the "Advanced" menu never show up. Boot on usb makes no difference as the computer loops on the dots screen even after an hour running