Aspire xc-895 psu

I have a 180w psu in my xc-895 i emailed acer and they advised there is a 300w version, does anyone know where to get it as parts department say it does not exsist? Is there a 3rd part one? I want to fit a Nvidia 1650 4gb low profile card which runs at 75w, but recommends a psu of 300w. Please Help :)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Your machine comes with one of the new ATX12VO power supplies, so third party versions are a little harder to find than the old designs. The Acer part number for a 300W supply is either DC.3001B.00A or DC.30018.00C, but I'd look on Amazon or Newegg or other similar site to find one at a better price. You need the single rail supply with 8 and 6 pin MB connectors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • willkirkham
    willkirkham Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Thanks for quick response, acer service gave me those part numbers but the parts department did not recognise them! Feel I am on a circular mission going around and round:) I did note on inspection connectors from psu to mother board are 4 pin and a 6 pin no big 24 pin connector.
  • willkirkham

Tinkerer

GameMax GT-300 Bronze 85 Plus Sata Power Supply Unit - Black  'Amazon' would this this address my problem?

• billsey
    That looks like a Flex supply, not an ATX12VO.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dmoneyballa
    dmoneyballa Member Posts: 2 New User
    @billsey
    You suggest looking on Amazon or Newegg to find another ATX12VO psu that would work in the system. I may be a noob but have been unable to find a psu that is this form factor. I've just seen this Linus Tech Tips video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heyGtgdfN7A on the new standard and he has one but states it's not available for retail. Do you know of any retailer that sells these new psus?
    Thanks.
  • willkirkham

Tinkerer

Very interesting acer has clearly bought into this system. I think mainly to save money as the power supply and motherboard on the xc 895 demonstrate this.
  • billsey
    Yes, the single rail PSU designs should be much cheaper to manufacture than the old types. The data is old, but Intel lists a few manufacturers on their spreadsheet.
  • Sourgrapes
    Sourgrapes Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    Yes, the single rail PSU designs should be much cheaper to manufacture than the old types. The data is old, but Intel lists a few manufacturers on their spreadsheet.
    Lol, but if Acer wants to advertise this new PSU's, why don't they have them in store? Big mistake of Acer
  • Chr15parker
    Chr15parker Member Posts: 2 New User
    Willkirkham did you resolve the issue?
    im planning to do exactly the same but struggling to find a PSU. 
    I’m completely new to this so any advice hints welcomed 
  • billsey
    There have been a few users here who are using third party power supplies, some seem to be offering the different cables as an option to the modular supplies. They just need a large enough 12V rail and you can ignore all the other voltages that are no longer needed.
  • Chr15parker
    Chr15parker Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks @billsey it’s the connectors I’m struggling with. I can’t find any 8&6pin MB connector PSUs. Am I missing something 
  • billsey
    The PSU is ATX12VO, so uses two connectors, each of which has three +12V and three GND, plus one connector has the power enable and GND. Look for PSUs that have modular cables and ask them if they have the correct ones for a 12VO supply.
  • Sourgrapes
    Sourgrapes Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I did get some product numbers from an Acer employee, but it seems you can only get those from Acer if they repair something which is strange, one should think they could sell separate items to customers in need. 

Slimline DVD Super Multi                              : KO.0080D.018
    DVD Dual Slim                                              : KO.0080F.013

VGA card Geforce GT 730 2GB DDR3 64B       : DA.73011.004

Power 180W 100- 127/20-240V-4/2A 47-83Hz : DC.1801H.001
                                                           50-60Hz : DC.18018.001
                                                                        : DC.1801B.002
              300W 100-127/220-240V-4/2A 50-60Hz : DC.3001B.00A
                                                                        : DC.30018.00C  
  • helpout
    helpout Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hey Guys, my Acer Desktop (TC-895-UA91) PSU is failing.  Has anyone had success finding a supplier ?
  • billsey
    If you are still in warranty just let Acer do it for you.
  • helpout
    helpout Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    If you are still in warranty just let Acer do it for you.

Unfortunately the PSU failed just outside of the warranty period.  On your Intel link do you see any manufacturers or brands I could try running through google ?  https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/collections/topics/power-supply-selector.html?s=Newest

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @willkirkham and @Chr15parker

You guys need 12 volt only PSU.

Adding to the info provided by @Sourgrapes, here is part numbers for 500W PSU.

DC.5001B.009
    DC.5001H.001 (Europe market)
    Most likely has to be ordered from Acer. However, I have seen it carried by Newegg once. Price will be close to USD $150, rather expensive.

If you guys are looking for the six pin connector cable from motherboard to 2.5" SATA3 SSD, the part number can be:

50.VQED3.001 , 50.U96D1.002 , 350.02202.001 (E-Bay)

or:  50.B64D1.001 ( just longer).

You can get that from Acer or WWW.sourceitstore.com at close to USD $35.