hi i have bought a laptop via a local seller and it had files and pictures in c drive - where can i

Options
pablorotem
pablorotem Member Posts: 4 New User
edited April 12 in 2020 Archives
hi, i bought a laptop via local seller who sais it is new.
i know it isnt since it had files in c drive which i didnt put there.
where can find proof it isnt new??
about 4 weeks ago i used to get a message where it showed time of activation - but since i opened a court lawsuit the seller saw my snid - NHQ59EC010XXX and did something since now i cannot see any info on the product and when i try to chat i am told they cannot find my product???
what can i do? i mean it shouldnt be this impossible to find info on the product?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information

Comments

• StevenGen
    Options
    about 4 weeks ago i used to get a message where it showed time of activation - but since i opened a court lawsuit the seller saw my snid - NHQ59EC0109251A5613400 and did something since now i cannot see any info on the product and when i try to chat i am told they cannot find my product???
    what can i do? i mean it shouldnt be this impossible to find info on the product?
    Get your lawyer to find out the appropriate details as the SNID registration should be under your name and/or you should be able to register the laptop under the SNID # with Acer under your name, as it is new! Your proof is that your name is not registered with  Acer and Win-10 operating system Key is not registered under your name. These two things have to be under your name when you have a new laptop invoice from a retailer. and if they are NOT then you have plenty of proof of the purchase invoice and that the new laptop had files from the retailer and it was used. 
  • sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    about 4 weeks ago i used to get a message where it showed time of activation - but since i opened a court lawsuit the seller saw my snid - NHQ59EC010XXX and did something since now i cannot see any info on the product and when i try to chat i am told they cannot find my product???

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    If it has an SSD on, use crystal disk info to find out the number of on/off cycles and number of hours its been on - this too could play an important part of the process.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045