Acer Swift 3 SF314-51-55B2 issues with every linux distro and kernel

edd__ss
edd__ss Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2020 in Linux
Hi, I am new here and I have a question for all linux users. My laptop with linux somentimes shows issues at rewake after a suspension: unresponsive keyboard, freeze after log in or black screen. Are random issues, sometimes I can solve closing display so forcing a rewaking from a new suspension, sometimes I must force shutdown. To solve these issues I have deactivated suspension in my laptop in linux, so not a solution. The second issue is with network or something else, all starts with network freeze and dead (can't restart network services in any way) and end with global lag of system, mainly with touchpad. Here all distros I have tested: Fedora 32, Fedora 33 (kernel 5.x), Debian 10.7 (kernel 4.19), Ubuntu 20.10 (kernel 5.8), Ubuntu LTS, Manjaro, etc. I would have liked to test FreeBSD but there aren't driver form my wifi card. I could find solutions nowhere. There is some user with the same laptop (SF314-51-xxxx) and linux?
Thank you

Answers

• LiveWires
    LiveWires Member Posts: 20 Troubleshooter
    edited January 2021
    By the sounds of things, you may have to use an Arch or derivative (eg: Arcolinux ) not Manjaro or use a variant of a rolling distro using the latest kernel and drivers. Keep in mind not all drivers and kernels suit if/or all system hardware especially if a device is fairly late model or not a common used model.

There's not much more I can suggest to help you with at this stage.

Good luck.
  • edd__ss
    edd__ss Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, I forgot to update the post. I solved all descripted issues one month ago, here there is a link to a Linux.org forum post where I was helped by two users and finally I did it:
    https://www.linux.org/threads/many-freeze-issues-on-my-acer-swift-3-sf314-51.32083/#post-109238
  • ksRocks
    ksRocks Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yes Pleassssssse, Im too very Stresed About this.
    I Tried Mint, ubuntu, fedora, manjaro, garuda, pop os and Some other distros But every single distro atleast have some kind of unknown issue With MY ACER SWIFT 3 SF314-55. 
    Even the latest version of window has a problem (Its not detecting my audio drivers and is problematic).
    But the older version of Window 2018 Works Perfectly smooth and Fine (OUT of the BOX with my every hardware Component.)
    I am not understanding WHY SO.
    Can Someone please ......... Help me !
    I want to install linux (EVEN Though it does not have support for my fingerprint sensor). But None of them is workking fine.