Can anyone help me with Audio Issues for the Predator laptop PH315-53?

Options
Patato
Patato Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

As mentioned, I'm having audio issues with the Acer Predator PH315-53 laptop. As of yesterday, everything was absolutely fine with the audio and proceeded to shut down the laptop and go to bed. Today, I turn on the laptop and no sound, whatsoever. I check if there's sound when I plug in my headphones and there is, works as normal. However, unplug the headphones and once again, no sound. I proceed to troubleshoot the audio and it prompts me to turn off the Audio Enhancements setting to fix. So, I turn off the Audio Enhancements as it instructs and boom, sound once again. HOWEVER, the sound is now absolute garbage and is somehow insanely low. The speakers now sound like something out of a DELL brick laptop from 2004. Now, Windows Update did recently update to the new 20H2 build overnight (even though I said not too but it did it anyway the cursed thing). I am also, unfortunately, on BIOS v. 1.07 as it decided to automatically update that as well. Don't know if that information will help, but I'm more than happy to provide anymore info at request. Don't know what the hell is going on but I just want the regular audio back, pls help? :( The software on these devices has been ever so finnicky recently and not sure if everyone else is having the same issues as I am.

Answers