DTS: X Ultra can't be installed in Acer Predator Helios 300 PH31 after clean installation of windows

2»

Answers

• AwadhSao
    AwadhSao Member Posts: 3 New User
    @deepanshuc It show me this error on step a.

• Deejssj
    Deejssj Member Posts: 4 New User
    @deepanshuc

Can you provide the old version of windows it shipped with? I apparently have 20H2 recovered on my boot pendrive.

My device is: PH315-53-72E9
  • deepanshuc
    deepanshuc Member Posts: 20 Networker
    edited February 2021
    @AwadhSao and @Deejssj This issue is now fixed by Acer and from now on we just need to download and install the latest drivers to get DTS X: Ultra and DTS Sound Unbound. I tried this myself today after doing a fresh installation of windows. 
    These are the drivers we need to download and install:-

While installing just follow the usual instruction of installing any drivers as now there is no need to get deep inside many folders.
    I hope this will help you. Let me know if you face any issues.

More: How to install Windows 10 Pro for free on Acer Predator Helios 300
  • Art2020
    Art2020 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi, with a resent Windows Update the DTS:X Ultra isnt working anymore (again)....
    Apperently the service cant start anymore. Even by starting manually it goes to stopped in 1sec.

The Driver Realtek_6.0.8981 contained DTS_UWP_APO4x_RPCService_MSFT_SIGNED_1_4_5_0_RS6_rel
    The new Realtek_6.0.9054 uses the older DTSAPO4x_RPCService_VS2019_MSFT_SIGNED_1_4_1_0_beta

So i tried to get a newer version of the APO4x service and found 1.6.5.0 from october 2020, but that doesnt work either.
    Does anyone have a tipp how i can get this DTS:X again?

The sound on the Helios PH315-53 is very poor without it....

Greetings Art

• Art2020
    Art2020 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi,
    found a working version of the APO4x Service.
    With 1.5.3 it is working again.

Greetings,
    Art
  • Abhijit13
    Abhijit13 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Art2020 said:
    Hi,
    found a working version of the APO4x Service.
    With 1.5.3 it is working again.

Greetings,
    Art
    Hi Art, where did you get this APO4x Service version 1.5.3  Looks like I am also have same issue after windows update. I have all the latest Drivers, but DTS does detect headphones or speaker.
  • GeeKnight
    GeeKnight Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hiya I found the solution for this problem. It took me 4 days of troubleshooting to solve it. I'll rephrase the problem again. 
    Problem: 
    1. Unable to select Content Mode in DTS:X Ultra
    2. DTS:X Ultra shows "Please connect external speakers to use DTS audio controls"
    3. 2. DTS:X Ultra shows "Please connect a Headphone to use DTS audio controls"
    4. DtsApo4Service service in services.msc is not running despite force start. 

Possible cause (NOT SOLUTION):
    Updated DTS APO4x Service Component, DTS Audio Effect Component, DTS Audio Hardware Support Application, Realtek Audio Effect Component, Realtek Audio Universal Service, Realtek Hardware Support Application using Driver Easy. 

Solution 1:
    1. Uninstall all DTS related (DTS Sound Unbound & DTS: X Ultra) using RevoUninstaller 
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/

2. Delete all DTS registry and left over files using the RevoUninstaller 

3. Restart your PC / Laptop 

4. Reinstall latest DTS driver from Acer site 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8376?b=1 
    (Search your own model) 
    XPERI DTS Utility (sound) - DTS Sound Unbound 
    XPERI DTS Utility (DTS Console) - DTS: X Ultra

------------------------------
    If it still doesn't work, try these: 

1. Reinstall Realtek Audio driver using the old version (Which can be found at Acer Site as well) 
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8376?b=1

2. Redo Solution 1 above. 

----------------------------- 

Before I was able to use DTS:X Ultra again, I did an optional Update in the Windows Setting 
    (Windows > Update & Security > View Optional Update > Check Insyde Firmware update > Update) 

If you check for Windows 10 Update, it might update the DTS and Realtek version, refrain from updating them to prevent from possible error.

• sumedh36
    sumedh36 Member Posts: 1 New User
    iamsrc said:
    I have the same problem. How did you get the recovery drive with factory OS?
    You should have created a recovery drive when you first started your laptop. Now If you did a fresh install and completely removed the old os then there is no way to get it back. But if you just uninstalled the program or just upgraded then you can choose the option "reset this pc" to have the factory-installed apps and settings back.
    Now if you did a fresh install(no trace of old os) then you have these options:-
    1.Contact Acer support and they will send someone to install the os for you but there is a high chance that they will fail to install the DTX ultra x and will give vague reasons for failing to install like it is not supported in this version of windows, it is not required, etc which are completely false and baseless.
    2.If you have this same laptop model "Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-53" then I can send you a link to download the recovery drive I created on the first start. Note:- this method will only work with a 32GB Pendrive because as there was no way to back up my recovery drive I had to completely clone my 32GB Pendrive.
    If you want to proceed with the 2nd step then let me know as I don't want to upload this large file without any reason.
    Hey bro I need your recovery file. Please Can you send me one? I have the same model.
    You can DM me on intsagram @sumedh.png

Predator PH315-53

i7-10750H
    RTX 2060
  • oziozi12
    oziozi12 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

After struggling a month for this problem. I am coming with a solution will %99 work for everyone.

It's all about outdated "Dtsapo4service.exe" and "dtscnt64.dll". DTS:X uses these services in order to be working. You can see error reports in Windows Event Viewer.

1) Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware Portable - Free and Full Download

2) Uninstall Realtek Audio driver and remove all leftover files and registries.

3) Uninstall DTS:X Ultra and DTS Sound Unbound from Windows Apps tab. (Remove all leftovers too)

4) Reboot and do a windows update. Allow Windows to detect and install Realtek driver itself. "DON'T" install the Realtek driver in Acer Support.

5) Reboot.

6) Download the Realtek Driver from Acer Support page and "DON'T INSTALL". Just extract the files to a folder.

7) Go to "(Extracted Folder)\Win64\Thirdparty\20200210(This might be different)"

8) You'll see folders named like "DTSXULTRA" and "DTS4APO", right click the ".inf" files inside of these folders and press "Install".

9) Reboot after installing all ".inf" files.

10) Download the "Latest" DTS drivers in Acer Support page and install them with using "Setup_APP.cmd" inside the drivers.

AND THIS IS WHERE EVERYBODY GOT STUCK. DTS:X WILL NOT WORK AGAIN UNTIL YOU DO THE STEPS BELOW.
    After researching so much hours, I have found the most up-to-date "Dtsapo4service.exe " and it's ".dll"'s

11) Head over to DTS other devices drivers download for Windows (32/64bit) (drvhub.net)

12) Press "Download Driver" inside of "DTS APO4x" and "DTS APO4x Service"

13) After downloading both drivers, right click the ".inf" files in both of the drivers and install.

14) Reboot and thank me.

:)

• nthnbao
    nthnbao Member Posts: 2 New User
    @Deejssj @iamsrc Hello, I finally found working steps to install DTS X Ultra after a fresh/clean installation of windows. Now we don't need to depend on the factory os for full utilization of this laptop. But still, remember that you will require the factory os to use your free one drive and some trial version of the software so make a recovery drive.
    Steps to install DTS X Ultra after fresh installation:-
    Note:- I know these steps may sound vague but they work so follow the same sequence okay :) 
    1. Run the windows update and let it complete. (Why? Because if you directly try to install the audio driver then it will throw an error stating "specified path not found")
    2. After this download the Realtek audio driver from the Acer product support page.
    3. Extract it and then run the setup.exe.
    4. It will first uninstall the driver installed by windows and then restart.
    5. After restart it will automatically ask to proceed with the installation and then it will restart again to complete the installation process.
    6. Now after that restart open the Realtek audio driver folder and open this location \Win64\ThirdParty.
    7. Now from here follow the same sequence:-
    a. Run this file "Install_DTSAPO4x_Acer_DTSX_Ultra.bat".

b. Open this folder "DTSXUltraHSA_1.7.3.0_x64_bundle.appxupload_Windows10_PreinstallKit_beta". Here Run "Setup_APP.cmd" and then go back to the "ThirdParty" folder.

c. Open this folder "DTSXUltra_UWP_APO4x_HSA_MSFT_SIGNED_v1_7_0_0_RS6_release". Here right click "dtsapo4xultrahsa.inf" and select install and then go back to the "ThirdParty" folder.

d. Open this folder "DTS_UWP_APO4x_RPCService_MSFT_SIGNED_1_4_5_0_RS6_rel". Here right click "dtsapo4xservice.inf" and select install and then go back to the "ThirdParty" folder.

e. Open this folder "DTS_UWP_APO4x_MSFT_SIGNED_ACER_EXT_1_1_27_0_release". Here right click "dtsapo4Acerextensionpkg.inf" and select install and then go back to the "ThirdParty" folder.

f. Open this folder "DTS_UWP_APO4x_Core_MSFT_SIGNED_1_2_8_0_RS6_release". Here right click "dtsapo4x64.inf" and select install and then go back to the "ThirdParty" folder.

g. Now restart (Don't skip restart as it is very important) and then again open the "ThirdParty" folder.
    h. Now open this folder "DTSXUltraHSA_1.7.3.0_x64_bundle.appxupload_Windows10_PreinstallKit_beta" and run this file "7fd8a8aaac5b424b86b68cc344ec1f21.appxbundle" and select install. After installation open it to check if its working and then restart.

9. Perform a windows store apps update, windows update, and a restart as the last step.
    After all these steps this dts x ultra latest version should get installed. Still, if you face any issues then let me know.
    mate u are my hero :D, cause' i've reset this window for 2 times for this. tks bro <3
  • evilgoodness
    evilgoodness Member Posts: 1 New User
    my god..... they expect me to do that for one software suite..... man i dont want a job in it i just my sounds to perform as expected. the link to the download doesnt even work anymore wtf.....
  • hundred
    hundred Member Posts: 2 New User
    @deepanshuc I tried all the steps but neither of them didn't work, it's probably because I have newer drivers and my comment is recent. I actually only reinstalled DTS X Ultra because of Audio driver issues (specifically realtek audio) I had to reinstall and it made my DTS:X Ultra unusable, I thought it's better to reinstall all the DTS application but boy I just made it worse. I want Acer and DTS to fix this issue, it's so hard to troubleshoot considering I'm not really experienced in fixing drivers or something, and that is why I came here.
  • hundred
    hundred Member Posts: 2 New User
    also I mainly use it for the laptop speakers, my helios sounds worse than my Iphone 12, although the Iphone 12 is kind of tinny sounding, my predator sounds so mute, lacks of bass but it has good stereo separation. I use headphones most of the time, but I may need it sometimes. I can live without the DTS:X ultra for a while and not go insane.
  • anisshrestha369
    anisshrestha369 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2022
    What worked for me is installing Realtek driver available from Acer Product Support page and then installing DTS Sound Unbound and DTS:X Ultra from Microsoft Store. You may have to search for DTS:X Ultra in web version of Microsoft Store from any browser and force the Store app to show the app by clicking "Get in Store app". You can use following link for both apps. Just make sure to install Realtek driver available from Acer Product Support page, if you don't Store won't be able to install those apps.

DTS Sound Unbound : https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/dts-sound-unbound/9PJ0NKL8MCSJ?hl=en-us&gl=US
    DTS:X Ultra : https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/dtsx-ultra/9N0H1M8J1308?hl=en-us&gl=US

I have PH315-53 model of Predator Helios 300 2020 with i7-10750H and RTX 2060.

PS I have not tried this method on windows 11.
  • xggboix
    xggboix Member Posts: 1 New User
    @AwadhSao and @Deejssj This issue is now fixed by Acer and from now on we just need to download and install the latest drivers to get DTS X: Ultra and DTS Sound Unbound. I tried this myself today after doing a fresh installation of windows. 
    These are the drivers we need to download and install:-

While installing just follow the usual instruction of installing any drivers as now there is no need to get deep inside many folders.
    I hope this will help you. Let me know if you face any issues.

More: How to install Windows 10 Pro for free on Acer Predator Helios 300

My experienced 2022!!!!! IT WORKS!! my dts x ultra got problem yesterday after installing neww audio update on window, my dts x ultra cant open after i reset since it didnt work after instaling new audio driver. I finally fix it through this amazing bro telling step-by-step tutorial, At first, I cant follow it but then again after having patience and analye things like looking the dates of audio driver, I saw that he install 2020 version and at first I install 2022 so that it ddnt work. Then I tried to install the audio driver 2020 september version( october version didnt work/download on acer product). Then you need also to instal the 2020/2021 versions of audio console and sound. After that extract it and dont delete the zip file of the three folder(the audio driver,audio console,audio sound) especially the audio driver/realtek driver, coz in the thirdparty folder of the zip, you ned to copy some of the folder their and move it to the extracted Audio Realtek Driver folder coz the file that as "inf" on the zip file dont have an option to install it, you just need to copy it to the extracted so that theirs an option to install it. then follow all the last steps until the dts x ultra will install and work succesfully.
    FOLLOW deepanshuc STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL

My experienced 2022!!!!! IT WORKS!! my DTS x ultra got a problem yesterday after installing new audio update on the window, my DTS x ultra cant open after I reset since it didn't work after installing new audio driver. I finally fix it through this amazing bro-telling step-by-step tutorial, At first, I can't follow it but then again after having patience and analyze things like looking at the dates of the audio driver, I saw that he install the 2020 version and at first, I install 2022 so that it didn't work. Then I tried to install the audio driver 2020 September version( October version didn't work/download on Acer product). Then you need also to install the 2020/2021 versions of the audio console and sound. After that extract it and don't delete the zip file of the three folders (the audio driver, audio console, and audio sound), especially the audio driver/Realtek driver, coz in the third-party folder of the zip, you need to copy some of the folder there and move it to the extracted Audio Realtek Driver folder coz the file that as "inf" on the zip file don't have an option to install it, you just need to copy it to the extracted so that theirs an option to install it. then follow all the last steps until the dts x ultra will install and work succesfully.
    FOLLOW deepanshuc STEP BY STEP TUTORIAL
  • Dandula
    Dandula Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited December 2022

I think I found a solution to reinstall the DtsApo4Service correctly. I installed "DTS - SoftwareComponent" and "DTS - AudioProcessingObject" with the latest version for my version of Windows:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=dts+apo4x

After that I was able to start the DtsApo4Service correctly manually. DTS:X Ultra finally detected the speakers and was able to switch audio profiles. To be able to switch the DTS:X Ultra profiles from Acer PredatorSense required a PC reboot.

P. S. I also attach files that have worked for me (Windows 10). I unzipped the CABs as normal archives and installed the INF files from them.

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 458 Practitioner WiFi Icon

@deepanshuc can you send me recovery image for acer predator helios 300

• Muhil
    Muhil Member Posts: 458 Practitioner WiFi Icon

2022 model i mean

• TheWrecker619
    TheWrecker619 Member Posts: 1 New User

@deepanshuc

I'm still facing this issue even though I followed the steps several times