Easiest/cheapest way to extend laptop screen onto two external monitors? A515-56-56DJ

SeanHoesing
SeanHoesing Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I'm looking to connect two external monitors to my new laptop, each with the ability to display unique content (I'd like to extend the display as opposed to mirroring).  The HDMI output works fine for one external monitor.  

I'm under the impression I might have a few options, as broken out below.  If someone could please provide me with links to any products that are known to work for this application, I would really appreciate it.  

Option 1:  Use an active converter such as this one to plug into the USB port:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BPEV1XK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ&psc=1

Option 2:  Use a docking station.  I'm under the impression this would have to be an "active converter" type station as the USB port doesn't natively support video out.  If anyone has any examples of specific docking stations, that would be helpful.

If Option 1 will work, I'd go that route to save money and because the only additional port I have any use for is one additional port for a monitor.

Thanks!

Part Number: NX.A1GAA.002

Answers