Spacebar Replacement Acer Nitro, model no. N20C1.

Sepceli
Sepceli Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

I am currently trying to put my spacebar back onto my laptop (after a cleaning) on my Acer Nitro, model no. N20C1. I am unable to find anything sufficient online to assist with proper replacement. I want to make sure the wire hooks that the wires go into are not bent or misaligned. And, I cannot figure out which order to put the key back on with.

In my initial attempts at replacement the spacebar key fails to respond if the button is not pressed on the very center. I believe this is due to the wires but any help would be very very helpful. Another attempt resulted in the key being very stiff (limited downward mobility) but working over the entire surface.

At the moment I am barless.

Questions /Considerations -  When installing: Wires first, wires attached to keys, wires unattached and in or resting next to hooks, back wire attached to key or and front wire attached to base or vice versa?

Here are some reference photos: 

Please note I did run a search but model and results were not what I needed. I picked a category based on my laptop type.
Hope this was correct. I appreciate any guidance and thank you for your assistance.
I am using it for school and am a bit out of sorts at the moment.

Answers

• Sepceli
    edited December 2020
    How to delete comment?
  • Sepceli
    New question. Can someone show a pic of the spacebar key. My stabilizer bar brackets may be bent.