Cmos Battery - Aspire V3-371-558L

Options
Tangent
Tangent Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2020 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire V3-371-558L. For the life of me I can't locate the cmos battery on the motherboard. Can anyone help point me in the right direction please? 

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    You need to take off the motherboard to access CMOS battery, remove two screws on the motherboard(see picture) after removing the cables, the battery is on the other side of the MB.

• Tangent
    Tangent Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks brummyfan2. It was indeed under the mb albeit on a 2 pin lead. Thanks for your help. 
  • Od1N
    Od1N Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hi, can I ask u please the type of this battery, in order to get one beforehand? Thank you in advance 
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,451 Trailblazer
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Od1N said:
    Hi, can I ask u please the type of this battery, in order to get one beforehand? Thank you in advance 

To make 100% sure look at your OEM battery and make a note of it, otherwise its usually like in the brand numbering it’s a MAXELL 3V ML2032 Lithium Rechargeable type battery. Btw, I would make sure by inspecting your laptop first and don't rely on any guides, as this battery is readily available from retail shops and you don’t have to have it in stock for just in case as batteries do deteriorate after a few years and the new package today will be just as bad as the CMOS battery that you are replacing.  

• Od1N
    Od1N Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2021
    Options
    Thank you!