Why Nvme SSD recognzied as SATA -2 ? P259-G2-MG

GajalShankar
GajalShankar Member Posts: 109 Fixer WiFi Icon
edited January 2021 in TravelMate and Extensa
I had 1 TB HDD installed then I added  500GB Nvme SSD in the M2 Slot.
Today I found out HDD is recognized as SATA-3 but SSD as SATA-2.
Is that something to do with PCIe lanes limits which are directly accessed by CPU?
Or Is this a problem with speccy as I checked the speed of drive using crystal disk mark which I don't think SATA can achieve 
Specs -i5-7200U with Nvidia 940MX
Total of 12 PCIe lanes.(PCIe 3.0)

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please post the full model name of your laptop, like A5xxx-xx, Form factor also showing as 2.5" instead of M.2, so it could be Speccy's problem.
  • You can also test ssd with the crystaldiskmark program. The program may be posting wrong information, since the model sa2000m8500g, is an ssd nvme.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GajalShankar
    yes, it's speecy's problem I checked.
    thank you for the help
  • I would like to know the model of the laptop. Example AN515-51-75KZ.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • GajalShankar
    I would like to know the model of the laptop. Example AN515-51-75KZ.

Acer Travelmate P259-G2-MG
  • OK! does ssd appear in the bios information tab?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer