Working linux distro for Nitro 5 AN515-44

Options
Edimel
Edimel Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all... I have been a KDE Fedora user for long time now, mostly without any major issues.  I have a new laptop (a AN515-44-R9HP exactly) and I try to use KDE Fedora 32/33 with a external monitor without success.  Immediately after install and update you see some kernel errors on nouveau driver and the second monitor is not recognized... so you think, I should install the nvidia driver.  After disable secure bot and install the nvidia driver, the external monitor is recognized with the "PrimaryGpu" setting to yes on the X11 nvidia config file and works, but now I see some kernel errors on the amdgpu driver, and I only can use the laptop screen if the external monitor is plugged.  If not, I need to manually remove the parameter from the X11 config file and restart X server ... even so.. the continuous kernel crashes on amdgpu driver makes the machine unusable. 

There is someone that have a working linux distro in this machine with the nvidia driver in place that is stable and working ? can share the information please ?

Answers