Will this 1660 super fit in my ASPIRE TC-705 Motherboard?

Rajendan
Rajendan Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I have a ASPIRE TC-705 right now with a i7-4790, GTX 745, 12gb RAM Ddr3, 300w psu, and a 2TB HDD. The motherboard is MS-7869 ver 1.0 (DTX Form factor). I am going to get a 650w 80 plus gold psu, a ssd, and a 1660 super soon. The 1660 super is a Zotac with a length of 173.4 mm. In this picture there is my gtx 745 and a cable that is blocking the gpu to go above 17 cm. This is why I'm getting a 1660 super that is small and has a length under 18cm. But my question is can I move the cable somewhere else? Can a 173.4mm 1660 super still fit? I need answers asap. Thank you

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    That cable feeds your front panel USB connectors. If you remove it you loose that connectivity, but it's not anything too critical. You also might be able to bend it enough out of the way. It depends on how far back the fan shrouds for the 1660 go. The other thing to look at is the drive mounting plate at the front. The HDD is mounted on the bottom side and that might interfere with the back of the card. Measure twice to be sure...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited December 2020
    Hello,

This is the dimensions of my graphics card. 
    6.7 " x 4.8 " x 1.6 " Inch
    17.0 x 12.2 x4.06 Centimeter

My card barely fit. I had 2 or 3 mm to spare. Your card is 3 mm longer than my card.  It's going to be really close.  It might barely fit.  Not sure.  If it doesn't fit, then it **should** fit if you get that low profile USB 3.0 header cable.  A few people with same mainboard sent me a private message and said the cable below is a good workaround.......will work.

https://www.moddiy.com/products/USB-3.0-20-Pin-Internal-Header-Ribbon-Cable-Low-Profile-Connector.html

Good luck!
    I'm not an Acer employee.