Motherboard Part what does this do? acer aspire e5-576g

Options
choks
choks Member Posts: 9 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
can someone tell me what this button do? its not the bios reset button.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title.

Comments

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    It's the battery cut out switch, when you remove the cover it disconnects the battery, it's similar to one in my snip.

• choks
    Options
    Hi,
    It's the battery cut out switch, when you remove the cover it disconnects the battery, it's similar to one in my snip.

what if my battery is already dead? do i need to still press it? because i encounter some shut down on my laptop. when i plug the ac adapter it opens automatically then shuts down. Does that defines my problem? thank you for your answer. btw my battery is built in inside acer aspire e5-576g
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Check the square section which presses this button when you put the cover back, if you see any damage to the rubber on the service door, apply a layer or two electrical tape so that it makes proper contact with this switch to press down, how do you know the battery is dead? 
    I have shown the section with rubber pad which press down the button on another model, yours will be approximately on the middle of the cover.

• choks
    Options
    Hi,
    Check the square section which presses this button when you put the cover back, if you see any damage to the rubber on the service door, apply a layer or two electrical tape so that it makes proper contact with this switch to press down, how do you know the battery is dead? 
    I have shown the section with rubber pad which press down the button on another model, yours will be approximately on the middle of the cover.

its still there and it has no damage. But when i trouboulshoot my laptop when i removed that cover now its ok but when i put it back the back cover who is pressing that button my lapttop auto opens and shuts down right away. Now its fine i did not put back that back cover. My battery is dead becuase i test it in acer software battery tester and it says its old and dont charge anymore so i removed it. And im using this laptop without battery just ac adapter.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    OK, is the laptop working without the cover and only with AC adapter connected?
  • choks
    Options
    yes i guess thats my problem that cover maybe the reason for turning on and shutting down thats why i asked whats the use of that Botton thanks.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    I would suggest you get a replacement battery, these models are meant to be used with battery installed, as a temporary measure you can remove the rubber from the cover and try using it with only the AC adapter connected but I don't know what it will do to your laptop in the long run.