SNID & Serial Number Not Working Acer Aspire AM1641-E1712A

OwenBland
OwenBland Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited January 1 in Legacy Desktops
Hi, I tried to get support for my desktop but it says that the serial number is incorrect. I've tried both the SNID & the Serial number and it still does not work. What could be the problem. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Which model of desktop do you have? There should be a sticker with that info. It's often shown both as a series and the full model, so something like TC-705-54-1482...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OwenBland
    It is an Acer Aspire AM1641-E1712A
  • billsey
    Try just M1641 instead of AM1641, the A just stands for Aspire... It might not work on the Acer US page, since I don't believe the M1641 shipped int he US, only the M1640 did.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OwenBland
  • billsey
    Aha! I found it on the Acer Belgium site. It apparently wasn't sold in the US or Canada, but was sold in Europe, so might be available in other locales as well. Next what support do you need?
  • OwenBland
    But I bought this in Canada...
  • OwenBland
    However, I have got the programs I needed, so thank you very much!
  • billsey
    Good to know, which were you looking for?
  • OwenBland
    I was looking for any programs related to acer, such as the acer empowering technology pack. However, I still do not understand why when I enter my SNID/Serial number in the warranty section, it says it is invalid. It appears on Acer Aspire AM1641-E1712A (PT.SB30X.084) - S/N Lookup, so I don't know why this happens. 
  • billsey
    That link isn't an Acer site... You might be able to contact Acer support in Canada to figure out why the lookup isn't working. Did you buy it from an Acer authorized reseller? Maybe you got a gray market machine that was originally destined for a different market...
  • OwenBland
    edited December 2020
    But the device clearly exists... think it was bought from Best Buy 
  • billsey
    And Best Buy is a valid retailer. Are you using the Acer Canada site to register?
  • OwenBland
    Not sure.... But I did try registering now, and both the Serial Number & SNID do not work. 
  • billsey
    Go to the Acer Worldwide site, make sure you have chosen Canada and try again.
  • OwenBland
    nope, tried it, still does the same thing
  • billsey
    Let me try escalating it to a moderator to see if they can help.
  • OwenBland
    okay then :)
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    OwenBland said:
    Hi, I tried to get support for my desktop but it says that the serial number is incorrect. I've tried both the SNID & the Serial number and it still does not work. What could be the problem. 
    I am very sorry to hear this OwenBland, can you please send me a private message with a picture/image of the sticker with the serial number of your unit to better assist you?

Thanks in advance,
    Acer-Manny
  • OwenBland
    I have sent a private message
  • OwenBland

I'm just saying, after three years I still haven't found a way to register this product. I also can't find the driver page for this product, a real problem.

This discussion has been closed.