Looking for the motherboard manual for a TC-895-EB11

Options

Answers

• KCJones333
    KCJones333 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Awesome, thanks Harry!  Going to grab a drive tomorrow before we go back into a 28 day lock down here in Ontario :(
  • HarryOhrn
    HarryOhrn Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Good luck. I watch the news a lot and see what's happening in Ontario. I live in Saskatchewan. We've had some sharp increases too and have partial lock downs happening come the 25th.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Options
    The key used on the card isn't that important. They used the socket that supports both the SATA type and the NVMe type, but having the SATA key doesn't mean NVMe isn't supported. You want an NVMe PCIe x4 card. The 2280 is the size of the card, 22mm x 80mm. The screw needed is pretty standard, any place you take it to have it installed will have them in stock. If you are rolling your own it's an M2-3mm with a wide head. You could get together with @HarryOhrn and buy a pack of them, then divvy them between you. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DylanSko
    DylanSko Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Sorry to jump onto the end of this thread  but can i get the front panel pin diagram as well?
  • billsey
    Options
    Sure, we're in luck, many of the SGs don't have that pin-out, though most are the same:
    Notes, the HDD LED goes between 1 & 3, so sideways to the connector. The power switch goes between 5 & 6 so across the connector. I believe the MSG LED is the power status...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sjuhani
    sjuhani Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    -- Of note: the form factor is DTX with the front ports extended to the front of the case and the power is the new ATX12VO standard that came out this year. That means it's a bit harder to find larger PSUs yet.

🤔 But shouldn’t there be 10-pin header for the main ATX12VO power on the motherboard? The ATX12VO standard should be 10-pin for main power input on the motherboard, and 8-pin for the auxiliary power.
  • billsey
    Options
    It's actually 8 and 6, not 10 and 8. The 8 has three each +12V and GND, plus the power switch, the six just has the three +12V and GNDs.
  • sjuhani
    Options
    billsey said:
    It's actually 8 and 6, not 10 and 8. The 8 has three each +12V and GND, plus the power switch, the six just has the three +12V and GNDs.

Can the specs for that ATX12VO standard be found anywhere online...? I have been trying to find it, but all the information sources (tech news media) I have found so far state that to be 10 + 8 pins. Haven’t found the official specs.

• sjuhani
    Options
    sjuhani said:
    billsey said:

Can the specs for that ATX12VO standard be found anywhere online...? I have been trying to find it, but all the information sources (tech news media) I have found so far state that to be 10 + 8 pins. Haven’t found the official specs.

@billsey Actually, here is the official Intel statement, 10 + 8 pins : https://newsroom.intel.com/news/new-power-standard-desktops-sipping-energy-idling

• billsey
    Options
    I thought the ten pin was for modular system, I do see there are two pins on that ten pin connector that are only used on higher end system, the +12V sense signal. The recommendation is 6-8A per pin, with the 8 pin supporting 24-32A and the 6 pin at 18-24A. So on the Acer consumer level devices we're talking about they are planning on 42-56A, or at 12V, 500-650W (give or take).
  • sjuhani
    Options
    billsey said:
    I thought the ten pin was for modular system, I do see there are two pins on that ten pin connector that are only used on higher end system, the +12V sense signal. The recommendation is 6-8A per pin, with the 8 pin supporting 24-32A and the 6 pin at 18-24A. So on the Acer consumer level devices we're talking about they are planning on 42-56A, or at 12V, 500-650W (give or take).

Ok, though it is still unclear how can one use a standard ATX12VO power supply with those non-standard connectors? Not very environmentally responsible if the customers have no easy possibility to replace the PSU with a beefier one, at least one of 500 Watts. Also the order in which those square and tunnel shaped pins in the power connectors on the motherboard are placed, seems to be different on this ACER desktop motherboard than in the ATX12VO standard.
  • KCJones333
    KCJones333 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi again HarryOhrn,

I must be doing something out of order here as I cannot get my rescue media to load.
    1. I installed the SSD as per the video.
    2. I created the Rescue Media using Macrium Reflect to a USB thumb drive.
    3. I changed the boot sequence to Removable Device as #1.
    4. Changed Onboard SATA to AHCI.

Reboot and it skips over the Rescue Media and back to the C:?

Any thoughts?  Thanks in advance!
  • HarryOhrn
    HarryOhrn Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Hi. First off you may also have to enter the BIOS and open the Authentication section and change Secure Boot to "Disabled." Under the Boot Options section ensure you have it set to use the "Windows Boot Manager" and not "Removable Device". Then use F10 to save and exit. The Macrium Reflect USB must be attached. When the system boots hold down the F12 key to access the boot menu. Select the USB drive to boot the stick.

If the USB is not listed by the Boot Manager then it is possible that you created the Macrium stick as an "MBR partition scheme" rather than "GPT". The Acer 895 will only boot GPT partitions.  The rescue media must be GTP and not MBR. Try creating the Macrium Rescue media as an ISO file. Then create the USB with RUFUS (free media creation tool - just google it) When you launch RUFUS from Windows ensure you have the USB stick in the drive then make the partition scheme GPT, select the ISO you created and you will be able to make a bootable USB with a GPT partition that the Acer should recognize. Boot the system with the USB attached and hold down the F12 key to access the Boot Manager. Good luck.
  • Ray1111
    Ray1111 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Sure, we're in luck, many of the SGs don't have that pin-out, though most are the same:
    Notes, the HDD LED goes between 1 & 3, so sideways to the connector. The power switch goes between 5 & 6 so across the connector. I believe the MSG LED is the power status...
    billsey,
    I have the same motherboards and wondering do some DIY with it. Do you have the supported CPU list for this motherboard? And does it supported the engineering sample cpu, for example QSRL?
    thank you
  • billsey
    Options
    The Aspire TC-895 supports the Intel CML-S Processor line, those are the Comet Lake 10th gen chips. They ship with 65W processors, so any 65W should be a drop in replacement. If you want to try a higher TDP you will have to deal with enhancing your cooling since the stock cooling won't stretch to the 125W processor needs. I don't know if engineering sample units are any different...
  • SpaceCoyote
    SpaceCoyote Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi,  I got a TC-875 as a spare PC and I'm looking to swap out the PSU so that I can add a GPU, as the original doesn't have any spare connectors.  Can anyone confirm that the pinouts for the 2 ATX connectors are standard (4 and 18 in the diagram above)?  The 4-pin (#18) looks correct but the 6-pin (#4) on the OEM PSU is using some higher gauge white and green wires instead of the black and gold I'd expect.  That concerns me.
  • billsey
    Options
    @SpaceCoyote you should start your own thread, you have a much different machine than the one on this thread. Include the full model number and your question so we can try to find the right answer.
  • SpaceCoyote
    SpaceCoyote Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    @billsey, done.  Thanks.
  • Smithy58
    Smithy58 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Sure, here it is:

I need to make a connection from item number 6 to an SSD/hdd I am using sata cable from channel 2 to to fit a hdd, bit I still need the bigger connector that will plug into 6, can anyone tell me what type of cable it is and where I can get one eg Amazon. Thanks in advance.
    colin

• billsey
    Options
    Colin, we need to verify that you have exactly the same model as this thread is for, or if different, what your model number is. Those cables tend to have different lengths in different case designs and I can look the correct one up if I know what you have. The model this thread is for is a TC-895-EB11 and your model number should be similar. It's usually spelled out on the same sticker than has your SN and SNID. (Don't give us those, or at least no more than the first ten digits).