Helios 300 G3-572-72YF Battery flickers/bad power cord??

Options
TheSwordOfBuick
TheSwordOfBuick Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

My predator likes to turn off under heavy load/high temps. I've read through many posts about it I think and my battery health is good, taped the button down near the ram, updated everything. This is while it is plugged in at 100%. The main thing happening i can see is watching the battery icon itself and the lights on the keyboard go away/turn off, as is it seems to "unplug" itself. As noted by the battery icon popping on and off. I do not have another cable readily available to test that atm. Or if it is the port itself. Just wondering if anything new has come up on this issue, or if I am missing any info to give out. Thanks~

Answers

• Ro46
    Ro46 Member Posts: 86 Troubleshooter
    Options
    You could try look for BIOS update https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/7310?b=1, just have in mind this kind of updated can be risk if done incorrectly, you can also contact the repair shop for help in case the BIOs update doesn’t work.
  • TheSwordOfBuick

Tinkerer

Options
    I tried this a long with anything else that could be updated. I ended up repasting the cpu/gpu and pulling most stuff apart and cleaning it all out. Which helped with the odd "battery disconnect" issue. Though after about 2 weeks it will still hard shut down when it reaches its upper limits for temps. Beyond its base throttling i have tried a throttle stop program as well to control this to no avail. While the Acer care center shows a healthy battery, i did notice it has expanded a little  over the 3 years i've had it. That will be replaced next along with the cord.. then idk = D
  • StevenGen
    Options
    I tried this a long with anything else that could be updated. I ended up repasting the cpu/gpu and pulling most stuff apart and cleaning it all out. Which helped with the odd "battery disconnect" issue. Though after about 2 weeks it will still hard shut down when it reaches its upper limits for temps. Beyond its base throttling i have tried a throttle stop program as well to control this to no avail. While the Acer care center shows a healthy battery, i did notice it has expanded a little  over the 3 years i've had it. That will be replaced next along with the cord.. then idk = D
    First, does it work when its plugged into the mains all the time? If you problem happens while its plugged into the mains then it could be your charger or the DC IN jack plug or lead at the laptop or the battery. Also calibrate your battery  as that boosts up your battery backup power and refreshes it, try that.
  • TheSwordOfBuick

Tinkerer

Options
    Apologies, I do not really follow. Though it is always plugged in as the cpu/gpu need to be, to be fully utilized. If you try put them under load/play game w/o it plugged in, it does not really work(everything is throttled from lack of power) or would never reach those temps from the lack of power from only the battery. Calibration was one of the first things I did as well. The battery still charges fine and holds charge while plugged in.