Graphics Card Upgrade for Aspire 3 A315-31? (PCSX2 issues)

jennaa98
jennaa98 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Hi everyone!

Im trying to run a PCSX2 emulator on my laptop (type stated above). I’ve looked at various videos on how to get the best settings for ‘low end’ PCs. I’m almost there with games running smoothly but I wanted to ask whether anyone thinks a graphic card update would make it run games any faster? I’m not very good at knowing what to do with overly technical stuff like this so any recommendations would be appreciated! 

**Just a side note as I don’t know whether this makes any difference - but I did upgrade my laptop back in June time when I purchased an SSD which significantly boosted its speed/performance.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, the GPU adapter is integrated with the CPU chip that is soldered to the mainboard. It cannot be upgraded. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Sorry, the GPU adapter is integrated with the CPU chip that is soldered to the mainboard. It cannot be upgraded. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Brewsta
    Brewsta Member Posts: 1 New User
    Acer Aspire  3  A315-31-P3JX

Jenna I could not see what type of laptop because I don't think you posted it but I am having a similar problem running (Windows, well it was) Movie Maker on the above laptop ie it does not run since I took the laptop into be repaired and the guy did a restore, installing Windows again - I think this affected the graphics. So I know you can't remove the CPU as it is soldered in but I wonder if you can download the graphics Intel (R) device again - Intel Assistant says you can't and my laptop is fine graphics wise but the guys at Movie Maker say it is my graphics...