Predator Triton 300 Laptop - coil whine?

Options
markvilla28
markvilla28 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi all,

Sorry for bombarding the community with questions. My laptop is about 4 days old now and I’ve started noticing it makes a buzzing noise. It only seems to kick in while gaming and only during points where CPU/GPU would increase, e.g. not on menus. I don’t believe it is to do with the fans as the noise doesn’t kick in when I manually increase the fan speed or get any louder when they speed up themselves. If anything the fan noise drowns it out.

I’ve only started noticing it after I undervolted my laptop this morning. However, it still happens when I reset my settings to default so maybe to always happened and I may just be listening out for it now I noticed it the once.

Having a general google I’ve come across the term coil whine so I’m wondering if it’s that or is it something more sinister? I’ve taken a video of it (see the YouTube video below) but not sure how clearly it’s coming through. Is this something I need to worry about?

https://youtu.be/8UXSadm4Yd8

Thanks all for your help.
Mark.

Answers

• Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,303 Community Administrator
    Options
    markvilla28

We appreciate your participation on the community, after look the video I recommend you to contact your local support, they will be able to give you further assistance in this issue. 

Best regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid