GPU Upgrade Nitro n50 600

Options
EDJP
EDJP Member Posts: 3 New User
I have an Acer nitro n50 600 EB1A and i was looking at upgrading my GPU. Is there anyway in knowing that I would need to upgrade my PSU without opening the case? Im interested in putting in a 1660ti and maybe another 4gb of ram

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    EDJP said:
    I have an Acer nitro n50 600 EB1A and i was looking at upgrading my GPU. Is there anyway in knowing that I would need to upgrade my PSU without opening the case? Im interested in putting in a 1660ti and maybe another 4gb of ram

The GTX 1660Ti is the maximum upgrade GPU that your mainboard can handle on the N50 600 EB1A, don’t update to a higher spec GPU as it will not work. The GTX 1660Ti recommended system power is 450W and your OEM PSU is 500W. I would try the OEM PSU that you have of 500W and if it doesn’t work then upgrade it to 650W so that you have additional power not only for your new GTX 1660Ti but other peripherals.

• EDJP
    EDJP Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    EDJP said:

The GTX 1660Ti is the maximum upgrade GPU that your mainboard can handle on the N50 600 EB1A, don’t update to a higher spec GPU as it will not work. The GTX 1660Ti recommended system power is 450W and your OEM PSU is 500W. I would try the OEM PSU that you have of 500W and if it doesn’t work then upgrade it to 650W so that you have additional power not only for your new GTX 1660Ti but other peripherals.

@StevenGen by mainboard do you mean Motherboard? And if i were to upgrade the motherboard would i be able to upgrade the GPU further
  • StevenGen
    Options
    EDJP said:
    StevenGen said:
    EDJP said:

@StevenGen by mainboard do you mean Motherboard? And if i were to upgrade the motherboard would i be able to upgrade the GPU further

By mainboard I mean your current Acer N50 600 EB1A mainboard, if you update to another mainboard have a look at the PCIe specs and what GPU they recommend for that mainboard, make sure that you get the same size board and a boar that takes the same Socket CPU, the same spec RAM and also that the new mainboard fits that case. Also I don’t know if you will be able to integrate all your USB's, sound etc of the N50 600 EB1A case front panels also, which is a sacrifice that you will have to make if you want to replace your mainboard to another and more current spec mainboard.

• TJS1986
    TJS1986 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    EDJP said:
    StevenGen said:
    EDJP said:

I have an Acer Nitro N50-600 ( Part Number-DG.E0HAA.02200 which originally had a GTX 1050ti in it.  I was able to replace that with an RTX 2070 no problem, so I'm not sure what you mean when you say the 1660ti is the max upgrade?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    TJS1986 said:
    EDJP said:
    StevenGen said:
    EDJP said:

I have an Acer Nitro N50-600 ( Part Number-DG.E0HAA.02200 which originally had a GTX 1050ti in it.  I was able to replace that with an RTX 2070 no problem, so I'm not sure what you mean when you say the 1660ti is the max upgrade?

No what I meant (if you would read the initial post by EDJP) is that he or she had a 1650Ti GPU and all N50-600 with that GPU came with a 300W PSU and for that 300W PSU the 1650Ti is the max card possible without changing the PSU.

Acer fitted the top spec GTX 1660Ti 6GB (Suggested PSU 250W) GPU OEM to the 300W OEM N50-600’s and the top spec GeForce RTX 2070 8GB (Suggested PSU 450W) was fitted OEM with their 500W PSU for the N50-600 that is what I meant.

Btw, I’ve just built a Ryzen 9 5950X system with an RTX-3070Ti and DDR4-3600 CL16 so I know what PSU questions are all about as I fitted to this system with the best high power PSU in the Corsair AX1200i as I needed lots of power, so that was what EDJP question was allabout.