Gmail and Files being saved

Options
BrilliantGenius
BrilliantGenius Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I had an acer computer and it broke.  I was told the files were saved on gmail.  I went in to gmail and found my documents under documents.  I could not find the pictures I had anywhere.  Does anyone know where to find the images that were saved? 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    If you weren't backing the pictures up to your Google drive (or OneDrive, or Dropbox, or ...) then the only place they were stored were on the HDD of the computer. What broke on the computer? Which computer was it? You may be able to recover them still if the HDD hasn't failed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BrilliantGenius
    BrilliantGenius Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    If the documents were saved in gmail, why weren't the pictures saved? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Google drive and gmail are different things. Gmail is just email, contacts and calendar. Google drive is cloud storage. You haven't said what computer you have, but based on the whole Google thing I'm guessing it's an Android tablet. When you setup backing up to the cloud you can choose what gets backed up and what doesn't. Usually documents and pictures are both backed up, but not always...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.