Predator Triton Performance drop after one year?

Options
agentofrandom
agentofrandom Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello,
I've had my Triton (515-51, with 2080 max-q and 32 gigs ram) for about a year now and have enjoyed being able to play games at high-max settings at 60fps and above pretty consistently.

Recently, however, I am noticing games get micro-stutter more and more frequently. I don't know what is going on exactly, but it seems like the stutters occur more the longer I play a game, and it seems to happen more when panning the camera.

Affected games:
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Blar Witch
Assisin's Creed Oddysey (played this earlier in the summer and did not have issues)
Ashen
Black Mesa

The last two are not known for graphical complexity, so I feel like there is definitely something wrong with my PC, and it's not just that it can't get the higher settings on games.

Here is a pic of the FPS performance in AOC that demonstrates the issue (you can see the FPS dips get much more intense in the latter part of the graph):

So far I have tried updating my NVIDIA drivers and resetting the battery on the Triton, but neither has helped. Aside from Windows updates, nothing has really changed on my system. Anyone have any ideas of what could cause this?

Thanks for any advice!

Answers

• invador0007
    invador0007 Member Posts: 134 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hello,
    I've had my Triton (515-51, with 2080 max-q and 32 gigs ram) for about a year now and have enjoyed being able to play games at high-max settings at 60fps and above pretty consistently.

Recently, however, I am noticing games get micro-stutter more and more frequently. I don't know what is going on exactly, but it seems like the stutters occur more the longer I play a game, and it seems to happen more when panning the camera.

Affected games:
    Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
    Blar Witch
    Assisin's Creed Oddysey (played this earlier in the summer and did not have issues)
    Ashen
    Black Mesa

The last two are not known for graphical complexity, so I feel like there is definitely something wrong with my PC, and it's not just that it can't get the higher settings on games.

Here is a pic of the FPS performance in AOC that demonstrates the issue (you can see the FPS dips get much more intense in the latter part of the graph):

So far I have tried updating my NVIDIA drivers and resetting the battery on the Triton, but neither has helped. Aside from Windows updates, nothing has really changed on my system. Anyone have any ideas of what could cause this?

Thanks for any advice!

I suggest you to clean your laptop properly by removing both fans and change thermal paste, after an year that surely will be the case for the sudden micro stutters you are having and if you are not comfortable then reach for the service center. But i insist on doing it by yourself.