Which is the best 8gb ram to upgrade so that I can get 2666mhz?

nithin3773
nithin3773 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My model of acer predator is PH315-51 , i7-8th gen , gtx 1050ti. I want to add an additional 8gb ram. I have been looking into hyperx , crucial and Adata. Even though I prefer hyperx it reduces the clock speed to 2400mhz. Pls advice me on which one is the best.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,899 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    My model of acer predator is PH315-51 , i7-8th gen , gtx 1050ti. I want to add an additional 8gb ram. I have been looking into hyperx , crucial and Adata. Even though I prefer hyperx it reduces the clock speed to 2400mhz. Pls advice me on which one is the best.

Firstly, what is your OEM RAM specs? As and if you just want to add new RAM then match the specs of your OEM RAM e.g. if your existing RAM is DDR4-2400NHz and you want to add DDR4-2666MHz then your RAM will run at DDR4-2400MHz, so match your existing RAM. For me G.skill type RAM is the best but that is my option only but, Hyperx , Crucial and Adata are all good RAM.

• nithin3773
    nithin3773 Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:

Firstly, what is your OEM RAM specs? As and if you just want to add new RAM then match the specs of your OEM RAM e.g. if your existing RAM is DDR4-2400NHz and you want to add DDR4-2666MHz then your RAM will run at DDR4-2400MHz, so match your existing RAM. For me G.skill type RAM is the best but that is my option only but, Hyperx , Crucial and Adata are all good RAM.

The oem ram i have is Kingston's ddr4 2666mhz. The issue is if I put hyperx it would automatically downcycle to 2400mhz to achieve the Cl-15 latency. I need to know about the other rams that is able to maintain 2666mhz and does not reduce the speed. I am confused between crucial and adata as i am not sure whether they would also provide the 2666mhz speed after I have installed it, which I why I am asking for users who have tried these rams.
    Anyhow thanks for the info.