G3-710 Hard drive mounts

MrBlazingManiac
MrBlazingManiac Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I've just brought a second hand G3-710 and it seems the the previous owner has taken the screws for mounting the hard drives out as well as the hot swap bay. Where can I find some replacement screws or at least the specs of them so I can find some suitable replacements?
Thanks

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The HDD screws are the very standard 6-32 screws used in all 3.5" drives. IIRC they are just less than 1/2" long, so a bit longer than normal due to the rubber anti-buzz mounts. The Acer part number for the drive mount screws is 86.B1DD1.001, and it's got a shoulder that slides into the rubber mount. The drive cage itself is held in place by three of the normal 6-32 case screws, they are around 1/4" long. The Hot-Plug carrier is part number 360.02D08.0001.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The HDD screws are the very standard 6-32 screws used in all 3.5" drives. IIRC they are just less than 1/2" long, so a bit longer than normal due to the rubber anti-buzz mounts. The Acer part number for the drive mount screws is 86.B1DD1.001, and it's got a shoulder that slides into the rubber mount. The drive cage itself is held in place by three of the normal 6-32 case screws, they are around 1/4" long. The Hot-Plug carrier is part number 360.02D08.0001.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.