Chromebook Acer Spin 713 WIFI slow to reconnect

wnstnchng
wnstnchng Member Posts: 4 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
My Acer Spin 713 Chromebook, CP713-2W-5874, takes a long time to reconnect to WIFI after waking up from sleep.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've tried toggling the option to keep WIFI on during sleep, but it makes no difference in the result.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Not that I know of. How long is "a long time"?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wnstnchng
    billsey said:
    10 to 30 seconds. So far the issue hasn’t popped back up since I did a hard reset as recommended by Acer support. 
  • wnstnchng
    wnstnchng said:
    billsey said:
    10 to 30 seconds. So far the issue hasn’t popped back up since I did a hard reset as recommended by Acer support. 
    No, issue still persists.
  • billsey
    Does the duration of the sleep make any difference? I.e. if you sleep for ten minutes it connects quickly, but if you sleep for ten hours it connects slowly?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • wnstnchng
    billsey said:
    Does the duration of the sleep make any difference? I.e. if you sleep for ten minutes it connects quickly, but if you sleep for ten hours it connects slowly?
    It seems like the time in sleep does matter, but I haven't done any controlled testing.
  • billsey
    Sleep typically goes through multiple modes, starting off light and getting deeper and deeper as time progresses. The power option to keep WiFi on might only be effective during light sleep...