Windows problem, BIOS Problem, and heating problem. Please HELP!!!

Options
Matthewdavilaa
Matthewdavilaa Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi guys, I really don't know what has happened. When I turned on my Predator Helios PH315-15-53, the temperature is so high with nothing in the background but google chrome and 1 tab open. To top it off, I can't access my windows security, it is blank and I can't update my Windows 0x80070057. I'm really having troubles, please help. This is a new laptop and I believe this would only last a month with what's happening. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Firstly, reboot your laptop and reset the bios to “defaults” and see if that fixes certain problems. Then and with “Windows Update” error, run “Windows Update Troubleshooter” to fix error 0x80070057 and try to download the updtes again, as these faults and errors are very unusual and not common. This has never ever happened to me with Win-10 ever and since Win-10 has been released including with the latest version(s) and current 20H2 and OS built 19042.572 which is the latest version and built.

• Matthewdavilaa
    Matthewdavilaa Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:

Firstly, reboot your laptop and reset the bios to “defaults” and see if that fixes certain problems. Then and with “Windows Update” error, run “Windows Update Troubleshooter” to fix error 0x80070057 and try to download the updtes again, as these faults and errors are very unusual and not common. This has never ever happened to me with Win-10 ever and since Win-10 has been released including with the latest version(s) and current 20H2 and OS built 19042.572 which is the latest version and built.

How do I reset the bios to default? Sorry, I'm a newbie when it comes to these
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,946 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    Options
    StevenGen said:

How do I reset the bios to default? Sorry, I'm a newbie when it comes to these
    Go into BIOS through Win-10. Go to > Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced Startup > Restart now > then after reeboot go to the section of "UEFI Firmware Settings" which gets you into BIOS, once you are in BIOS go to Exit > then choose > Load Setup Defaults and reboot, simple