Will resetting my laptop using the acer care center forat all my drives or just the SSD?

Options
Lahiru3212
Lahiru3212 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have a acer predator helios 300 and it has some problems like the usb ports arent functioning properly and the battery as well so i decided to factory reset it sing the acer care center, will this format both my drives or just the SSD, will i have to select the soft reset option or will the hard reset only clean the SSD.

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,623 Pathfinder
    Options
    I have a acer predator helios 300 and it has some problems like the usb ports arent functioning properly and the battery as well so i decided to factory reset it sing the acer care center, will this format both my drives or just the SSD, will i have to select the soft reset option or will the hard reset only clean the SSD.
    Ideally, this should reset only the windows installation drive, and not touch anything else. If you plan to do this, I would suggest making a bootable windows 10 usb and going with a clean install. You can install Acer software from Acer site for the product. Just make sure to disable driver updates via windows update.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    Nitro 7 - AN715-51 - user benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/37631045