VG240Y sbmiipx not working properly

Options
Joshwat
Joshwat Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello! I've recently purchased a VG240Y sbmiipx monitor and since I started using it I've notived that some of the modes have really wierd colors (I'll post some photos just to illustrate what I mean, they aren't accurate since they were taken with my phone but you can easily see what I'm saying), it seems like there is a "grey screen" in front of every single color mode beside HDR mode.

Also, sometimes the screen seems to "refresh" and you can tell that there's a difference between the colors before and after this refresh (the screen doesn't turns off real quick or anything like that, it just blinks/refreshes).

I've tried to update the firmware but it didn't work. Also searched for any kind of similar problems and found out that changing the color settings to NVIDIA instead of default could solve the problem and it did make the image quality improve (in HDR mode, other modes still the same but it is kinda pointless since HDR was the only one working in a acceptable way) but the blinks still happen and other color modes still with that wierd look.

Also contrast seems to be a problem, before and after the firmware update.

If this is a known glitch/problem any kind of solution would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• JohnCaprino
    JohnCaprino Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Got a worse with this monitor, I bought a VG240Y and in 18 months the monitor becomes garbage. 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Please start a new thread rather than camping on that old one. You will get a lot more people who might have suggestions with a current thread than an old one. Have you verified its not a cable issue? Most artifacts like that are cable related.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.