Can I replace my mother board and how much would it cost?

EpicflamingChicken
EpicflamingChicken Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I have an aspire 5 A515-54-51DJ and my mother board seems faulty. Is there anyway to replace my motherboard and about how much would A. the motherboard cost or B. how much the replacement service would cost? thanks! 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    I have an aspire 5 A515-54-51DJ and my mother board seems faulty. Is there anyway to replace my motherboard and about how much would A. the motherboard cost or B. how much the replacement service would cost? thanks! 

My advice to you is to take it to an Acer Service Centre and let them check your A515-54-51DJ and let them advise you exactly what is wrong and/or if it needs a mainboard replacement? Acer has all the tools and parts for your A515-54-51DJ with warranty. You might find a mainboard online for between USD $170 to $250 plus shipping and it might cost you $100 plus to fit (as it’s a big job, if you don’t know how to do it) but and that is if you can get the same mainboard that you have? As you won’t get the warranty and/or the expertise that Acer has, as it might cost you the same or a bit more from Acer Service but the job will be done correctly. Its up to you. 

Below is a mainboard cost USD $170.00 plus shipping of an Acer Aspire 5 A515-51 Motherboard Intel i5-7200U 2.5Ghz - NB.GP411.002 that will fit as its pretty hard to find your exact model but, its not the same spec as your A515-54-51DJ as that is the problem that you will have buying mainboards on eBay and Amazon etc good luck.

• EpicflamingChicken
    EpicflamingChicken Member Posts: 2 New User
    StevenGen said:

My advice to you is to take it to an Acer Service Centre and let them check your A515-54-51DJ and let them advise you exactly what is wrong and/or if it needs a mainboard replacement? Acer has all the tools and parts for your A515-54-51DJ with warranty. You might find a mainboard online for between USD $170 to $250 plus shipping and it might cost you $100 plus to fit (as it’s a big job, if you don’t know how to do it) but and that is if you can get the same mainboard that you have? As you won’t get the warranty and/or the expertise that Acer has, as it might cost you the same or a bit more from Acer Service but the job will be done correctly. Its up to you. 

Below is a mainboard cost USD $170.00 plus shipping of an Acer Aspire 5 A515-51 Motherboard Intel i5-7200U 2.5Ghz - NB.GP411.002 that will fit as its pretty hard to find your exact model but, its not the same spec as your A515-54-51DJ as that is the problem that you will have buying mainboards on eBay and Amazon etc good luck.

The part number is nb.hgl11.002 and where could i find an Acer Service Centre in NYC? I dont think my computer is under warranty anymore as its been over 1 year.