re Aspire A315-34-P67Q I am in RESET the PC but it will not recognise my password.

Options
RogerD
RogerD Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I am in   -  RESET the PC  -   but it will not recognise my password.  How do i proceed?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,481 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No!!! Don't ship it there unless specifically directed.  Check that link I posted earlier again for the online email, chatline and phones. Scroll down toward the middle. It's all there. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    (1) What problem are you trying to fix by re-setting the PC?

(2) Exactly what method are you using to try to reset the PC?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

edited December 2020
    Options
    On Opening

I get
    Your PC ran into a problem  it shuts  then  opens   PREPARING AUTOMATIC REPAIR    But nothing happens!

I read that if I shut it down and on pressiong the start button then pres ALT  & F10 REPEATEDLY    I'd maek progress

I get RESET PAGE  that need password.    I'd forgotten it  ande reset it in my ACER a/c    but it does not recognise the new password.

How can I proceed?

Your help will be much appreciated

Edited the content to hide personal information
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I get RESET PAGE  that need password.    I'd forgotten it  >>>>   

Press and hold the power button till the machine shuts off. About 5 seconds. Then remove the charger. Then gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to boot the machine again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

Options
    Than you for your suggestion

But

Is it OK / safe  to uscrew the cover to the bottom of the Acer Aspire  in order to get to the charger?
  • JackE
    Options
    Just unplug the battery charger or AC adapter. You don't have to remove the cover to unplug the charger. Where did you get this laptop? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

Options
    I bought the laptop at Argos in Otley West Yorshire 4th may 2020   Acer Aspire A 315-34-P67Q

There is the socket on the side of the laptop to insert the charger lead  but whre is the pin hole?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I bought the laptop at Argos in Otley West Yorshire 4th may 2020>>>

Stop! This machine should still be under warranty. Go to this link. https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support   Enter the machine's serial number id (SNID) located on a UPC label affixed to the machine itself or on the box it originally shipped in. Arrange for warranty service by phone, email or chatline. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you.  I've beenonto the warrenty website and am waiting for instruction as to where to send it. I have an ID No.   Thank you for your help
  • RogerD

Tinkerer

Options
    I received my ID on Wed it is now 8 a.m. on Saturday  and I have not received instructions as to where to send itn  or how!

• JackE
    Options

Scroll down to find email & phone contacts. I doubt the phones will be answered on a weekend esp these days. But I could be mistaken. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

Options
    I did not find an email adrdess

However I have found 
    Infoteam International Services Ltd
    Unit 1
    Epic Park
    Halesfield 6
    Telford
    TF7 4BF
    Should I pack it up and send it there?  Who pay the postage
    Roger Dedman
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    No!!! Don't ship it there unless specifically directed.  Check that link I posted earlier again for the online email, chatline and phones. Scroll down toward the middle. It's all there. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

edited December 2020
    Options
    Many thanks for the enlarged page of the web address you sent previouly, as I missed the email addres box.  I have emailed.

Thank you for your help.

• JackE
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Good luck with them. You could also try the ALT+F10 procedure again starting with a completely turned off machine. Sometimes it takes two or three attempts before this cold boot reset method behaves. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

Options
    I've heard from service repair and need to pack up my laptop   But they say I will loose everything on it!

Is there any way of discovering my original password   as the current one is not recognised by the lap top
  • JackE
    Options
    Unfortunately it's encrypted. Once it's lost, a reset is usually the only way to get the machine to boot especially if you can't enter the BIOS menu. Try this. Press and hold the power button till the machine shuts off. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key. Does the BIOS menu appear without having to enter a password? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

edited December 2020
    Options
    Thank you. Sadly it did not work.  But thank you for trying

Now to pack it up and send it back     knowing I can't resure anything!

Thank you for your help and patience with me, It is much appreciated.

• JackE
    Options
    If you have important personal data on the drive, most of it probably could be rescued by removing the drive and attaching it to another computer's USB  port using an inexpensive USB-2-HDD/SSD adapter. If you're not comfortable doing this yourself, you could request that ACER repair do this for you or perhaps a local shop would do it. Otley has some good laptop repair shops. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• RogerD

Tinkerer

Options
    Thank you very much. Next week , after Lockdown,  I'll go into our Otley Shop  which I ha e used in the past.!

In the meanwhiledo you hav e any ides what ACER would charge to remove the drive and provide a new one?
  • JackE
    Options
    If the drive hardware is defective, ACER would simply replace the drive. If the drive software is corrupt, ACER would simply reset to factory fresh. Either way, it shouldn't cost anything under warranty except shipping but you'd also lose your personal files. I however suspect ACER would cost a lot more than the Otley shop if you asked them to remove the old drive and install a new one if your intention is to try to recover the personal files from the old one. Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.