Update UEFI without Windows

Options
vlad_
vlad_ Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I wanted to install linux on my Predator Triton 300 (Predator PH315-52-79JK) and I messed up.

So I install Linux incorrectly and when it launches it stuck. For fix this I need to edit some files. And for this I need to boot with USB stick. 
But I can't. In UEFI there is 4 options
  • Linux (doesn't work)
  • GRUB - boot loader (can only boot into Linux and Windows)
  • Windows (write that booting files are broken)
  • UEFI shell (my last hope)
Also I can't get in advanced settings to set USB stick as default option to boot, when I press F10 or click on it, there is only "_" in top left corner.
Maybe it will be fixed if I update UEFI from UEFI shell or boot Windows installer and then update UEFI, but I don't how to boot from it.

P.S. I have password on UEFI. What if I enter incorrect password several times. Will it reset settings to default or just make a brick from laptop?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    First, do this:
    a) access windows, press windows + r and type msconfig;
    b) then, go to system startup and enable safeboot;
    c) restart windows;
    d) access the bios, go to the MAIN tab, press CTRL + S and change the sata mode to AHCI.

Then, convert the usb stick to gpt and format it in fat32:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign
    Then, extract the linux iso to the root of the usb stick.

In the bios, create a password on setsupervisorpassword to disable secureboot.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vlad_
    Options
    First, do this:
    a) access windows, press windows + r and type msconfig;
    b) then, go to system startup and enable safeboot;
    c) restart windows;
    d) access the bios, go to the MAIN tab, press CTRL + S and change the sata mode to AHCI.

Then, convert the usb stick to gpt and format it in fat32:
    diskpart
    list disk
    sel disk x
    clean
    convert gpt
    create partition primary
    format fs=fat32 quick
    assign
    Then, extract the linux iso to the root of the usb stick.

In the bios, create a password on setsupervisorpassword to disable secureboot.
    I can't boot into Windows, when I try to do it Windows show blue screen and write INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you send some of all the bios settings? Does the problem occur when changing sata mode to rst with optane?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • vlad_
    Options
    Can you send some of all the bios settings? Does the problem occur when changing sata mode to rst with optane?
    That's all I've got. Again: I can't get into advanced settings
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    What happens when you press the F1 key, using an external USB keyboard?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vlad_
    Options
    What happens when you press the F1 key, using an external USB keyboard?

The same as laptop keyboard.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    This can occur when the user installs linux. Can you disconnect the ssd and connect it to another computer, to remove the linux partitions?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vlad_
    Options
    This can occur when the user installs linux. Can you disconnect the ssd and connect it to another computer, to remove the linux partitions?
    Maybe there is easier solution, I don't want to disassemble it.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,775 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    Options
    In any menu, you can load default settings by pressing F9. You can also press F10 to save any changes made and exit the BIOS Setup Utility.

Press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save and exit.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• vlad_
    Options
    In any menu, you can load default settings by pressing F9. You can also press F10 to save any changes made and exit the BIOS Setup Utility.

Press f9 to restore the bios and then f10 to save and exit.
    I did it and nothing happens :/
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    The best option is to disconnect the ssd:
    Disconnect the lition battery before removing the ssd.
    Then, check if the advanced functions of the bios can be accessed again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer