Helios 300 3750 rpm while charging on low battery, on idle

Options
corvusthegenius
corvusthegenius Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
I just bought a Helios 300 2020, and I have an issue (most of my friends who got this model also have the same issue) where the GPU fan would speed up to 3750 rpm while charging even at idle. If the charger is not plugged in, the fan only speed up below 2000 rpm. Unless the laptop is fully charged, the fan would stay at 3750 rpm. The CPU fan are quieter though. Updated BIOS and still the same issue. Installed Intel DPTF and still persist. Can anyone help me to fix this?

Answers

• corvusthegenius
    Options
    anybody manage to fix this? help me
  • StevenGen
    Options
    I just bought a Helios 300 2020, and I have an issue (most of my friends who got this model also have the same issue) where the GPU fan would speed up to 3750 rpm while charging even at idle. If the charger is not plugged in, the fan only speed up below 2000 rpm. Unless the laptop is fully charged, the fan would stay at 3750 rpm. The CPU fan are quieter though. Updated BIOS and still the same issue. Installed Intel DPTF and still persist. Can anyone help me to fix this?

I wouldn’t worry about it, as there is nothing wrong, fans are thermostatically controlled and are triggered when needed as temps rise. And as you have said “If the charger is not plugged in, the fan only speed up below 2000 rpm so ‘what are you worried about”? Leave your Helios 300 alone and maybe it would be a good idea to clean your fans from dust/felt and repaste your cpu/gpu with a high quality paste like the thermal grizzly NEW Kryonaut Extreme which is a very good high end gaming paste for high temps and also “if the temps get too high” like above 85c to 95c get a laptop tablet cooler.

• corvusthegenius
    Options
    StevenGen said:

I wouldn’t worry about it, as there is nothing wrong, fans are thermostatically controlled and are triggered when needed as temps rise. And as you have said “If the charger is not plugged in, the fan only speed up below 2000 rpm so ‘what are you worried about”? Leave your Helios 300 alone and maybe it would be a good idea to clean your fans from dust/felt and repaste your cpu/gpu with a high quality paste like the thermal grizzly NEW Kryonaut Extreme which is a very good high end gaming paste for high temps and also “if the temps get too high” like above 85c to 95c get a laptop tablet cooler.

lol the thing is, after reaching 90%, even if the laptop reaches 55 C, the fans would not ramp up. during charging, the cpu is below 45 C and the fans still ramp up to 3750 rpm constantly. everybody who have this laptop have the same issue. i booted up to safe mode and the issue still persist. so, i do think it is a bios issue.