Fan has loud noise then eventually stopped turning

Options
Carogee562
Carogee562 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Not a question but possibly a solution for everyone who’s purchased and within months the fan makes a loud noise and eventually stops turning. 
I purchased Acer Nitro 5 for my son and within 5-6 months the fan made a loud noise and was heating up. We cleaned it and still had the noise we left it at that and was going to purchase a new fan as everyone suggested. The fan eventually stopped spinning and Decided to continue my research on that and that’s when i watched this video https://youtu.be/1lxvmay2tn0 I decided to try it and not only did it fix the spinning problem but it also fixed the loud noise it had, it was like brand new. Hope this link helps as it did for us :)

Answers

• sirfalc0
    sirfalc0 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Hey just wondering, do I need isopropyl alcohol and what type of lubricant should I use for the fans? What should I do first after opening the laptop's cover?
  • Carogee562
    Carogee562 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options
    sirfalc0 said:
    Hey just wondering, do I need isopropyl alcohol and what type of lubricant should I use for the fans? What should I do first after opening the laptop's cover?
    To be honest i just used what i had at home i used my clippers and shears lubricant from oster. So i think any lubricant and rubbing alcohol would do. I do recommend cleaning the fan’s first https://youtu.be/uB39PPoHBpo be careful when you unplug and plug back the battery make sure you pull it straight and not tilt as you unplug same when placing it back. I made the mistake in not doing that. When i was done and was plugging it back it wouldn’t budge,I realized i had bent the copper lines from inside and thats why it wouldn’t go in. It was a struggle to line them up back in place. 
  • fixmylaptop
    fixmylaptop Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    @Carogee562 @sirfalc0
    i have Nitro an 515 - 42. I tried to remove the fan (in the same way the guy did in the video) but it didn't seem like they wanted to come off and I was too afraid that if I applied more force I might break the fan circuit or something. I am going to open it once again next week so can you tell me the way you detached your fans so I can follow the same procedure and get rid of this annoying sound I have been facing since a week now .