Is there any way I can upgrade the default TC-885 EB17 case?

Meaorvvv
Meaorvvv Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited February 16 in 2020 Archives
I’ve been trying to find an answer to this but didn’t find anything, also, I would also like to know what’s the size of the TC-855 motherboard and if I can switch the whole motherboard to a new case, one example, a gaming case, if anyone can help me, I will be really grateful. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The MB is a DTX form factor with the added part that brings the front ports to the front. DTX uses the same mounting pattern as microATX. You can easily drop it into a different case, but you'll either lose access to those ports or have to do some creative cabling to bring them into the new case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    The MB is a DTX form factor with the added part that brings the front ports to the front. DTX uses the same mounting pattern as microATX. You can easily drop it into a different case, but you'll either lose access to those ports or have to do some creative cabling to bring them into the new case.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Meaorvvv
    Meaorvvv Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    @billsey so if I want to upgrade my case to one of those gaming cases, I would still be able to do it right
  • billsey
    Sure, unless the case doesn't support the standard mounts.