New laptop with black screen problem a514-54

Xooxram
Xooxram Member Posts: 7 New User
I bought a new laptop 2 days before and only after 2 days use the laptop screen became black with laptop on .should I ask acer for a laptop replacement.

Answers

• Yes, contact the retailer and ask for a replacement, but please check that you haven't pressed the Display off button accidentally before asking for replacement.

• Xooxram
    Yes, contact the retailer and ask for a replacement, but please check that you haven't pressed the Display off button accidentally before asking for replacement.

Yes, contact the retailer and ask for a replacement, but please check that you haven't pressed the Display off button accidentally before asking for replacement.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,432 Trailblazer
    edited November 2020
    Please reply without clicking the Quote, if you press Fn+F6 together the screen will go off(black panel), press any key to get the display.
  • Xooxram

the thing is whenever i press power button or put laptop on standby it does not wake up and screen is black untill i need to press power button till 20 seconds.i don not press display off button.the laptop is new so i expect it not to behave this way.so can i replace it.and what should be my best argument to retailer if he denies replacement

• If you find it difficult to reply, please start a new thread.
  • Xooxram
    no... i m sorry for quoting your reply.and thanks for your reply.the thing is whenever i press power button or put laptop on standby it does not wake up and screen is black untill i need to press power button till 20 seconds.i don not press display off button.the laptop is new so i expect it not to behave this way.so can i replace it.and what should be my best argument to retailer if he denies replacement...pls help

• Hi,
    It's not your fault, sometimes the Quote feature doesn't work properly, anyway, go to Power Options, click "Choose what power buttons do" in the left pane and post the snip like mine.

• Xooxram
    edited November 2020
    actually this has been set to sleep..just now changed to shut down
  • brummyfan2
    edited November 2020
    Hope that resolves the problem, change for both Battery and Plugged in.
  • Xooxram
    why would this solve the problem..i need my device to be in standby after closing the lid or pressing power button . but it is not waking up from sleep ..what should i do..i need to long press power button to shut it down and restart again..what are solution to this..it this a problem of hardware or the software..pls help me on that

• brummyfan2
    edited November 2020
    Only solution I can think of is returning the laptop to the retailer, explain to him that it's not working as it should, they have to replace it if you return it within a period of time of purchase, if they don't help you, you have to get in touch with Acer Support centre in India and get it fixed through warranty, this forum is a peer to peer support, users of Acer laptops help each other.
    Contact Us with Any Questions | Acer Official Site
  • Xooxram
    thanks for replying man.. thanks for devoting time on my query will try to find some alternate solution or will relace it if it dont work that way.the laptop was just 2 days old so i didnt expected it to work that way. sorry if i offended you in some way.

• dizan
    dizan Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also get this issue after update Intel VGA driver downloaded from intel download center. I remember, that there was no problem when standby and wake up before installing the new driver from Intel download center. So I download Intel VGA driver from Download Acer Support Drivers and Manuals and install it. Then this issue has been solved.