ED273UR - FreeSync over HDMI?

Options
SwampMan7
SwampMan7 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Hello, I got this monitor a few weeks ago for dual purpose use with my desktop (Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB) and Xbox Series X, which just arrived on 11/10. I have two questions related to this display:

1. Does the monitor support adaptive sync (Freesync or otherwise) via HDMI? I know for a fact it supports over DP, which I actually have been using G-Sync over since I have an Nvidia card. However, I am unable to enable Variable Refresh Rate on the xbox and am wondering if this is just a bug or if the monitor is just not capable over HDMI.

2. There are lots of posts on the reddit page for the Series X which report inability to get 1440p 120Hz working. TVs appear to work great out of the box, but monitors are hit/miss, potentially due to VESA standards on refresh rates not matching what Xbox is expecting. Has anyone else seen this issue, and is there any chance of a firmware update on Acer's side to address the slight variations in timing? If not, I will have to rely on Microsoft to patch the issue on xbox side.

Thanks!

Answers