Overheating CPU Aspire TC-710

WaRr1oR5
WaRr1oR5 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2021 in Legacy Desktops
I am using Aspire TC-710, sinds few days i am having overheating CPU. The cpu fan is passive from the momment of starting PC and during working. When the CPU goes to 80° the fan speed goes on maximum. I am having very well troubleshooting from the higher temp. I have tried a lot of fan speed software but doesn't work for me. It would like to help me with any sugesstion.

Answers

• HMonk
    HMonk Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    I am not familiar with this machine but it seems to be an old girl, 2015-16?? You do not say what TS protocols you use other than speed/software. What would I do? All depends on what kind of computing you do, i.e., what your needs are. That said,  if this a 5-6 y/o machine, I would consider updating or new machine before I expended much resources on it. 

OK, TS:
    1. clean it removing all dust from everywhere. I clean my machines outside, both side case covers removed, and blast with a shop vac hose connected to the discharge port. My beasts tend to laugh at compressed air cans. Also, a shop vac (any vac) does not produce high pressure air like a compressor;
    2. If you have case or fan mesh filters, clean them;
    3. if your fans have manual speed switches, either case mounted or part of the fan cable, set them to max. Personally, I favor cooling over quiet fans; use a headset if fans are too loud for you;
    4. If the case has a front panel that opens, leave it open;
    5. If your only concern is the CPU temp, have you installed a GFX card that is next to the CPU? Can you move it to an upper or lower bay;
    6. Is your CPU fan running;
    7. On an older machine, might the CPU thermal paste between the CPU and its fan/heatsink be dried out? Easy fix: remove the fan/heatsink, clean them both, apply new layer of thermal paste.

Is this a recent issue? Any modifications/additions to the machine? Have you OCed the CPU? Anything obscuring the air intake: machine with air intake on the bottom sitting on a carpet; side mounted fans with case against or near wall or side of desk; machine relocated to a warmer room? Finally, are your fans push/pull configured to create adequate exhaust? And, as needed, can you increase the size/number of the fans.

It would help - me - to know all of the above, all of which I would address before looking at software fan speed regulation. In my custom machine, I have my fans/cooling set to maximum flow at all times and keep the case clean (blow it out every three months). I cannot think of ever having any fault issues with fan software; then too, I rely on manual settings when possible. 

Hope this helps,

Monk