My Acer Predator Helios 300 won't use integrated graphics for gaming

Options
Soileh
Soileh Member Posts: 2 New User
As the title says, the main problem with my Acer Predator is that I simply can't use integrated graphics for gaming. I want to use integrated graphics for old games (like Return to castle Wolfenstein from 2001) and I can switch to it normally in Nvidia setings, but when I launch a game, there's just this second of black screen and nothing happens - contrary if I use dedicated graphics (GTX 1660ti) a game starts without any problems. I also updated the latest Intel graphics driver recently, but still nothing. As I can see, there's one more Intel application on my laptop, called Intel Rapid Storage Technology - can this problem be in any way related to that application? I really don't know what to do anymore as I already updated intel drivers, so any help from you guys would mean a lot to me!

Take care!

Answers

• strider16
    strider16 Member Posts: 123 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options
    Later windows 10 versions in their infinite beta test program have some adjusting into OS. On that terrible metro-style config menu, search gpu, or find the menu "graphics performance settings, an option for setting the preferred gpu for each program you enter.

On nvidia control panel there is a similar option, I think there are some programs prioritizing windows settings, while others look for driver settings.
    Nothing peaks at the same time...
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/33054103

• Soileh
    Soileh Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I found some really obscure graphics settings in windows settings as well and there are 3 options to choose from, how you wish to run specific program: default settings, energy saving (which uses integrated graphics) and high efficiency (this uses dedicated graphics). I chose "energy saving", but still nothing. However I just tried switching to integrated graphics on some other games yesterday as well, and it works. So it's not the problem with all games, but just some of them. I have this feeling it has something to do with ACER default settings for integrated graphics, or maybe it uses some different drivers or something than those you can find on general Intel website. Because when I downloaded Intel graphics drivers from Intel website, there was a warning for ACER users, telling us to look for Intel updates/drivers on a specific ACER official site and not on general Intel website. I guess I'll just stick to NVIDIA card for now...
  • Mayor
    Mayor Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I don’t have a dedicated gpu in my acer predator helios 300 .....how is this possible