Triton 500. AC power charger not working / recognised

Options
PlainUnlucky17
PlainUnlucky17 Member Posts: 3 New User
Triton 500 2019 version. So yesterday I loaded up Red Dead 2. Was playing for about 5 minutes before suddenly my frames tanked from 70fps to 30fps. This happens whenever the AC power cord is disconnected. I checked the cable and everything was plugged in securely. Nothing. No power. The AC wasn’t even being recognised in windows. I tried several other outlets around my house to get it working with no success. There’s zero visible damage to both the power brick/cables and the power connector/jack. The laptop is 14 months old and has now already developed a major fault. Christ knows how much Acer is going to charge me to fix this mess. The worst thing is I have no clue if it’s the AC adaptor that’s broken, the power jack on the laptop or worse a fault on the mother board! £2000 for a laptop that is now dead 14 months in. Absolutely disgraceful. 

Answers

• TSBBen
    TSBBen Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have just encountered exactly the same problem. Laptop is 13 months old. Did you ever find a solution? 
  • PlainUnlucky17
    PlainUnlucky17 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    TSBBen said:
    I have just encountered exactly the same problem. Laptop is 13 months old. Did you ever find a solution? 
    Yes. It was the power brick that was faulty. Acer charged me like £90 for a new one. To find out if your charger is the issue use/buy a cheap multi metre kit. They only cost a few quid but it will tell you how many vaults your AC adapter is pushing. A healthy adapter will put out roughly 19v. My busted adapter was pushing less than 1v. Good luck.