Charging on and off acer swift 5

Aslam003
Aslam003 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi! my acer laptop (swift 5) charging on and of while my laptop is in power on but in power off it works fine. I tried uninstalling microsoft power drivers, I also tried power reset key. Please anyone  is there to solve my issue.

Best Answer

• KS2019
    KS2019 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    OK, which Swift 5 do you have? There should be a number something like SF5xx-xxx-xxxx...
    Same problem, on SF514-52 series, Model number N17W3

So far tried
    1. battery reset (via the pin hole)
    2. charger plugs in properly (click and everything)
    3. uninstalling ACPI Compliant Control method battery + restart
    4. port looks clean

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Are you using the original power adapter? How well does it fit in the socket, do you feel the click when it's inserted fully?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Aslam003
    Aslam003 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yeah I am using original power adapter which came with the laptop and clicking sound is also there when plugging in. But the laptop charging keeps turning on and off.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    OK, which Swift 5 do you have? There should be a number something like SF5xx-xxx-xxxx...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KS2019
    KS2019 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited November 2020 Answer ✓
    billsey said:
    Same problem, on SF514-52 series, Model number N17W3

So far tried
    1. battery reset (via the pin hole)
    2. charger plugs in properly (click and everything)
    3. uninstalling ACPI Compliant Control method battery + restart
    4. port looks clean
  • prafullarya
    prafullarya Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am also having similar problem of switching on and off of battery charger with my acer swift 5 for last 2 weeks. I updated my battery drivers, and then reset my laptop. But nothing has worked. laptop charges without any problem , when it is kept with the lid closed. So it is impossible to work with the charging on. Please help.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @prafullarya,

Change the sleep settings and check it once.