My Acer predator orion 3000 PO3-600 with a nvidia 3070 FE and other mods

Termy2
Termy2 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Wanted to share my predator mods, I basically have changed everything except the motherboard and CPU, but i want to replace the cpu from the i5-8400 to a i7-9700F later on, as it is bottlenecking me and I would benefit from more FPS and multitasking. This was my first real gaming PC that I got almost 2 years ago, I now realize I should've built my own of course, but I didn't know anything back then. Changing everything on this has taught me everything except installing an OS at this point, so at least there's that..

The 3070 FE fits perfect since it is very small, but it does reach 80c and the fans ramp up a little loud in my opinion. I don't know how to cool it better, if you guys have suggestions please let me know. Even if I set the case fans higher, the card still gets hot and goes to 80 no matter what as I have tested. But usually thats only under 100% load and wont go over 80, so I am not worried.
PSU-Corsair cx650M
CPU cooler-Noctua NH-DHL, this was very necessary as I was hitting 85 every time whenever I gamed.
Exhaust fan-BE QUIET! Pure Wings 2 92mm PWM, BL038, Cooling Fan. Not sure if this helps, but it was very cheap.

I also removed the disc drive since no one uses that anymore. I might put it back in and see if it helps with airflow somehow, since the intake might force more air to the GPU. The HDD is gone as well, and replaced with a m.2 NVME ssd and a sata SSD that I have shoved up top.
Everything was very easy to remove, the cpu cooler required removal of the motherboard and unplugging everything, but after upgrading my PSU, that was simply removing the GPU, and like 4 cables/6 screws. I knew nothing about modifying PC's and did all of this very easily.